Support the Library System Foundation
All gifts to the Cumberland County Library System Foundation support the Cumberland County Library System and its member libraries' mission: To meet the cultural, educational and informational needs of Cumberland County library users and community residents.
The Cumberland County Library System Foundation is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable organization (Type I supporting organization). (IRS Tax Exemption Designation, PDF, 1818KB, 2 pages)
Foundation Accepts EITC Donations
The library system is an approved Educational Improvement Organization and may receive Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) donations from approved businesses. These donations help fund our annual Summer Reading Program for more than 7000 children each year.
Summer Learning Program - The Summer Learning Program extends the school year for students into the summer months by providing a wide range of activities – at no charge – that are designed to foster a love of reading and strengthen their reading, writing, speaking, listening, and learning skills. Research studies have long recognized that children who do not participate in an organized summer reading program actually lose their hard-won reading skills over the summer — sliding back about 3 months in their skills by the time school resumes. By the end of 6th grade, children who have lost their reading skills over the summer could be as much as two years behind their classmates.
School-Year STEM – School-Year STEM is a series of programs and activities designed to foster critical thinking, collaboration, group communication, and evidence gathering and evaluating skills while exploring science, technology, engineering, and math. School-Year STEM programs are offered in the afterschool hours and evening as well as weekends, when public schools are closed and children do not have access to their school libraries.
To be part of this program, visit the state EITC web page.
Foundation Independently Compiled Annual Statements
- 2020 Financial Statement Compilation (PDF, 173KB, 4 pages)
- 2019 Financial Statement Compilation (PDF, 146KB, 6 pages)
- 2018 Financial Statement Compilation (PDF, 110KB, 4 pages)
- 2017 Financial Statement Compilation (PDF, 149KB, 6 pages)
- 2016 Financial Statement Compilation (PDF, 173KB, 6 pages)
- 2015 Financial Statement Compilation (PDF, 155KB, 5 pages)
- 2014 Financial Statement Compilation (PDF, 187KB, 5 pages)
- 2013 Financial Statement Compilation (PDF, 140KB, 5 pages)
- 2012 Financial Statement Compilation (PDF, 30KB, 5 pages)
Foundation By-Laws (PDF, 118KB, 12 pages)
CCLS Foundation 2020 Annual Report (PDF, 1.3MB, 4 pages)
Foundation Gift Acceptance Policy
The CCLS Foundation has adopted the following policy:
- Gift Acceptance Policy (PDF, 95KB, 12 pages)
is a GuideStar Exchange Gold Participant