Children's Summer Learning Program
The 2023 Children's "All Together Now" Summer Learning Program begins June 2!
The 2023 Children's Summer Learning Program begins June 2 and ends August 9.
All children, babies through grade 5, are invited to participate in summer learning activities.
Registration for the Summer Learning Program begins May 22. Register at ameliagivinlibrary.beanstack.org
Click here to view the 2023 All Together Now Children's Summer Learning Program booklet (pdf, 6 pages 1.19 MB) for full details of upcoming storytimes, activities and the reading incentive program.
Use the free Beanstack app or website to register online: ameliagivinlibrary.beanstack.org
If you have registered in past years, you can log in and register for this year's program. You can register all of the participants in your family, including yourself, at this same link. NOTE: If you forget your password, try "beanstack" since we often suggest using this for a password. Otherwise, email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your password reset.
Register on Beanstack by June 23 to be entered to win one of three Amazon gift cards ($50, $25, $15)!
Reading and Activity Challenges
- Track your child's progress on Beanstack from Friday, June 2 through Saturday, August 9.
- Earn badges and virtual tickets to be used for raffles at the end of the program. Participants also earn prizes depending on the number of badges earned.
Here's how it works
- Every day that you read or someone reads to you, log it on the virtual reading log on Beanstack. If you read at least 5 out of 7 days each week you will earn a badge for that week.
- You can also earn badges by completing activities and by submitting book reviews. Badges can be redeemed for prizes at the end of the summer and they also earn virtual tickets for raffle drawings. Raffle prizes will be added as the summer progresses and you will be able to choose which prizes you would like a chance to win. You will also be able to increase your chances by adding more than one of your earned virtual tickets to the raffle.
- If you earn at least 16 out of the 32 total badges by the end of the program you will automatically be entered in a drawing to win a $50 or $25 Amazon gift card.
- But you can take it one step further! If you earn all 32 badges by the end of the program you will automatically be entered to win a $100 Amazon gift card!
- Please note that in order to be eligible for prizes, raffles and drawings, you MUST use your Beanstack account to track your reading, activity participation and book reviews.
Closing party on both August 8 and 9
- Tuesday, August 8 from 4 pm - 6 pm
- Wednesday, August 9 from 11 am - 1 pm
No registration necessary. Drop in either day during party hours to celebrate a full summer of reading and learning. There will be fun, food, crafts, and kids can "shop" for prizes earned by logging their reading and activities on Beanstack.
The Amelia Givin Library Summer Learning Program also includes:
In-Person Programs on Tuesday evenings and Wednesdays during the day
Registration for each program will open 2 weeks in advance. The registration web links are provided in the brochure description. Registration is required for every person in your group since we are limiting the number of people who can attend the summer programs.
Watch this website and the Amelia Givin Library Facebook page for program information.
No registration is needed for storytimes.
- Mondays at 9:30 am - Tiny Tots (birth - 24 months)
- Mondays at 10:30 am - Terrific Twos and Threes (ages 2-3)
- Thursdays at 9:30 am - Tiny Tots (birth to 24 months)
- Thursdays at 10:30 am - Movers and Groovers (ages 2-3)
- Thursdays at 11:30 am - Preschool Pals (ages 4-6)
- Fridays from 9:30 am - 11:30 am - Wee Build (birth to age 6) open play with STEM building materials
Happy reading and happy learning. Keep an eye on your email and on the Amelia Givin Library Facebook page for additional fun opportunities.