The 2021 Children's Summer Learning Program begins June 4 and ends August 14.
The 2021 Children's Tails and Tales Summer Learning Program
All children, babies through grade 5, are invited to participate in summer learning activities.
Click here to view the 2021 Tails and Tales Children's Summer Learning Program booklet (pdf, 4 pages 1.81 MB) for full details of upcoming storytimes, activities and the reading incentive program.
Use the free Beanstack app or website to register oneline: ameliagivinlibrary.beanstack.org
If you have registered in past years, you can log in and register for this year's program. You can register all of the participants in your family, including yourself, at this same link. NOTE: If you forget your password, try "beanstack" since we often suggest using this for a password. Otherwise, email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org to have your password reset.
Register on Beanstack by June 19 to be entered to win one of three Amazon gift cards!
Reading and Activity Challenges
- Track your child's progress on Beanstack from Friday, June 4 through Friday, August 13.
- Earn badges and virtual tickets to be used for raffles at the end of the program. Participants also earn prizes depending on the number of badges earned.
Here's how it works
1. Every day that you read or someone reads to you, log it on this virtual reading log on Beanstack. If you read at least 5 out of 7 days each week you will earn a badge for that week.
2. You can also earn badges by completing activities and by submitting book reviews. Badges can be redeemed for prizes at the end of the summer and they also earn virtual tickets for raffle drawings. Raffle prizes will be added as the summer progresses and you will be able to choose which prizes you would like a chance to win. You will also be able to increase your chances by adding more than one of your earned virtual tickets to the raffle.
3. If you earn at least 13 out of the 25 total badges by the end of the program you will automatically be entered in a drawing to win a $50 or $25 Amazon gift card.
4. But you can take it one step further! If you earn all 25 badges by the end of the program you will automatically be entered to win a $100 Amazon gift card!
5. Please note that in order to be eligible for prizes, raffles and drawings, you MUST use your Beanstack account to track your reading, activity participation and book reviews.
Information about the closing party is forthcoming. Participants will be able to pick up their earned prizes from all their hard work all summer. Stay tuned for details on this website and on the Amelia Givin Library Facebook Page.
The Amelia Givin Library Summer Learning Program also includes:
In-Person Programs for K-6
Four camps are planned for this summer! Watch this website and the Amelia Givin Library Facebook page for information.
Programs will be conducted via Zoom and will require registration. Watch this website and the Amelia Givin Library Facebook page for information.
Themed take-home kits provide fun and learning. Stay tuned for registration information.
Storytime will be held outside at the Amelia Givin Library under a tent. Bring a blanket, towel or lawn chair if desired.
- Mondays at 10 am - Pre-School Pals (ages 4-6)
- Tuesdays at 9:30 am - Baby and Me (birth to age 2 with caregiver)
- Wednesdays at 10 am - Toddler Time (ages 2-3 with caregiver)
- Thursdays at 10 am - Music and Move (ages 2-3 with caregiver)
Click here for more information about virtual storytimes
- Tuesdays at 11 am - Zoom Storytime for all with Mrs. E
Happy reading and happy learning. Keep an eye on your email and on the Amelia Givin Library Facebook page for additional fun opportunities.
Thank you to our 2021 Summer Learning Program Sponsors!
- Bobby, Kelli and Brady Banerjee
- Bessie's Best Lactation Cookies
- Boiling Springs Pool
- In memory of Don Boyne
- Bubbler Foundation
- Bruster's Ice Cream
- Crayola Experience
- Dutch Wonderland
- In memory of Jeanette Eltringham
- Family Dollar and Marsh Walls-Beitzel
- The Friends of Amelia Givin Library
- Gregg Gulden
- Hollinger Funeral Home & Crematory
- Charles and Janet Kacsur
- Longwood Gardens
- John and Hatty McDowell
- Mt. Holly Springs Lions Club
- Mt. Holly Springs PTO
- Dr. David and Jennifer Paden
- Pennian Bank
- Wil & Karen Shirey
- Mike and Shirley Szczypta
- Cynthia and Rob Thompson
- The Varner Family
- The Wasielewski Family
- Dick and Barbara Weary
- Weis Markets
- Dr. Casey J. Williams, DMD