Read for fun and the chance to win prizes! Your challenge is to read 8 books in 4 categories between June 2 and August 25.
For teens in grades 6-12 and adults.
2023 "Adventure Awaits" Adult & Teen Summer Reading Program
This reading challenge begins June 2 and ends August 25 (Note: the adult/teen program runs longer than the children's program)
To participate, pick up a reading log at the library front desk
OR register online using the Beanstack app or website: ameliagivinlibrary.beanstack.org
How the Adult & Teen Reading Challenge Works
Beginning June 2, read 8 books of your choice, choosing from at least 4 of the “Adventure Awaits” categories listed below. Audiobooks and eAudiobooks may be used.
Record book information on a printed log you can pick up at the front desk (or click here to print one (pdf, 2 pages, 367 KB). Or you may record the books you read on the Beanstack app or website. You can participate completely online if desired.
• Fiction - Novel
• Fiction - Mystery or Thriller
• Fiction - Science Fiction or Fantasy
• Fiction - Book with "Adventure" in the Title
• Graphic Novel
• Novel In Verse or Poetry
• Biography or Autobiography of an Adventurer
• Non-Fiction - Travel or Adventure
• Non-Fiction - Book with "Adventure" in the Title
• Non-Fiction - Adventures in Cooking
GIFTS & PRIZES
Participants who read the required 8 books will receive a small prize plus an entry into a drawing for 1 of 4 Amazon gift cards ($100, $75, $50, $25).
ADDITIONAL WEEKLY DRAWINGS
Complete book reviews of the titles you read for chances to win weekly gift card prizes. You may submit up to 2 reviews each week using the provided paper slips, or submit them online or using the Beanstack app or website. Weekly drawings begin June 9 and end on August 18. You can only win a gift card from a weekly drawing once this summer.
STAY TUNED FOR ADDITIONAL ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAMS
Stop by the library to complete a special library scavenger hunt! Watch the Amelia Givin Library website and social media pages for additional programs and activities for adults and teens over the summer.
SPECIAL JULY PEACHY CHALLENGE!
Complete the PEACHY challenge during July and be entered in a drawing for one of two peach prizes from Peters Orchards! Visit the PEACHY display cart near the front desk to pick up an entry form. There are up to three ways to be entered:
1. Read a book that includes peaches AND/OR a book that has been nominated for the Georgia Peach Book Award for young adult literature
2. An extra entry if your book has “peach” in the title
3. An extra entry if your book is from the Amelia Givin Library’s collection
Entries due July 31st. Drawing on August 1st.
NEED BOOK IDEAS?
Check out this 5-STAR BOOK LIST. Amelia Givin Library patrons have rated the books on this list with five stars out of five!
Thank you to our 2023 Summer Learning Program Sponsors!
- The Banerjee Family
- Boiling Springs Pool
- In memory of Don Boyne
- Bruster's Ice Cream
- Capital Advantage
- Cumberland County Library System
- Delene Beauty Salon
- DelGrosso's Park
- Dutch Wonderland
- Friends of Amelia Givin Library
- Gregg Gulden
- Hands-On House Children's Museum
- Harbst Family in Memory of Sharonn Haldeman (Nana)
- Harrisburg Senators
- Heller's Gas
- Hollinger Funeral Home & Crematory, Inc.
- Hoopla's Extreme Family Fun
- Italian Taxi
- Janet and Charles Kacsur
- Longwood Gardens
- John and Hatty McDowell
- Mt. Holly Beverage
- Mt. Holly Springs Elementary School PTO
- Oakes Museum
- Orrstown Bank
- Karen & Wil Shirey
- Bennet Souder
- South Middleton Bubbler Foundation
- South Mountain American Legion Post 674
- Mike and Shirley Szczypta
- Cynthia and Rob Thompson
- The Varner Family
- VFW Post 7343
- The Wasielewski Family
- Richard Weary in Memory of Barbara Weary
- Weis Markets