Cumberland County Library System has Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots available for borrowing! Our T-Mobile Wi-Fi Hotspots are easy-to-use devices that connect your tablet, laptop and other Wi-Fi-enabled devices to the Internet. Some hotspots have a 14 day loan period and some have a 30 day loan period.
What is the coverage area for these hotspots?
The true coverage area is available on the T-Mobile website. You can see on this map that it is available from Shippensburg to Enola!
How many devices can connect to this hotspot?
You can connect up to 15 devices to 4G LTE and 3G networks.
Can I use the hotspot to send/receive text messages?
No. Texting/SMS messaging is not available.
Is there a data limit?
Data is unlimited.
What information about my Internet usage, if any, is tracked by the library?
Your Internet usage is not tracked by the library. While using the library's hotspot you are governed by the same rules as our Internet Use Policy. (PDF file)
How do I use the device?
These instructions are printed on the package:
1. To turn on the device, press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds.
2. Once the Network and Wi-Fi indicators light up in blue, you’ll be able to connect to your device.
3. On your PC, Mac or smartphone find the SSID or network name of the Alcatel LINKZONE or Franklin T9.
4. The network name (SSID) and password are located inside the case. Connect to the LINKZONE or T9 wireless hotspot with the provided password. This is a one-time setup; the device will now recognize this hotspot whenever it is powered on.
Having connectivity issues or need support with devices? Contact a CCLS library.
Tips & Troubleshooting
- Charge the device’s battery through the USB cable into your computer or by using the provided charger block.
- If the device is not connecting to the network simply press and hold the Power key for 10 seconds and the LINKZONE will perform a reboot.
- Suspect the password was changed? Press and hold the Power and WPS key together for 6 seconds. This will reset the device to factory settings and default SSID/password.
- Unable to connect to network after troubleshooting attempts? Please return it to your library.
- There is no value to stealing the SIM card, battery or device. They will be disabled within 48 hours and rendered unusable.
Who is paying for this service?
These hotspots are being paid for by the owning library.