Request for proposal for the supply, installation, training and support of a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) system which will work in conjunction with the library system’s integrated library system (ILS), Sierra, from Innovative Interfaces and current hardware at staffed and self-service checkout workstations.
This timeline is an estimate and is not binding on Cumberland County Library System (CCLS).
- RFP Issued: June 22, 2019
- DEADLINE FOR VENDOR QUESTIONS: July 8, 2019
RFP RECEIVING DATE EXTENDED: 11:00 AM July 29, 2019
- This date is a 114-hour extension from our regularly advertized date of 4 PM on July 24. All vendors who expressed an interest were emailed directly about this change.
- Selection for Vendor Demonstrations: July 31, 2019
- Project Award: within two weeks of final demonstration
All questions concerning this proposal must be written, emailed, and directed to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be answered by addendum on this page.
Download the Request for Proposal
- What is the collection size at each location?
Library Collection Size Amelia Givin 50,415 Bosler 108,583 East Pennsboro 15,344 Fredricksen 138,556 John Graham 52,175 New Cumberland 86,804 Shippensburg 76,719 Simpson 126,225 System Headquarters 991
- How many staff stations and self-checkout units do you currently have at each location?
Self-checkout Circulation Reference Tech Serv Amelia Givin 1 1 1 1 Bosler 7 8 2 1 East Penn 0 2 0 1 Fredricksen 5 8 2 1 John Graham 0 1 1 1 New Cumberland 2 4 1 1 Shippensburg 2 3 0 1 Simpson 3 6 1 1 TOTALS 20 33 8 8
- On page 27 in the pricing section, RFID gates are included in the project cost for year 1, but on page 6, Scope of Project, number 5, RFID gates are referred to as in option. Does CCLS want the gate price included as a Year 1 cost?
We would like to know pricing on gates, but they are an optional add-on to this project. If they are affordable within the scope of the project, the library system would consider buying all or some of the gates needed by our member libraries. Member libraries might be interested in covering any costs the Library System can't absorb.
- On page 5 in the Project Background section, the physical collection is described as including audio/visual materials. On page 27, System Pricing, there is no line for RFID tags for audio/visual materials. Does the library wish to tag audio/visual materials?
It was an oversight on page 27. We are interested in tagging audio/visual materials, but will not penalize any RFP response that does not include this pricing.
- What are the specifications of the current computers in use for circulation staff workstations?
Lenovo M720T Tiny form-factor Desktop Computer consisting of Intel i5 – 6 core 1.7Ghz processor, 8GB Memory & 250GB Hard Disk Drive with Windows 10 Professional (x64)
- What are the specifications of the current computers in use for self-checkout units?
Lenovo M910Z All-in-One Desktop Computer consisting of Intel i5-4 core 3.8Ghz processor, 8GB Memory, 250GB Hard Disk Drive running on Windows 10 Professional (x64)
- Is the library tax exempt? If not, which goods and services are taxed?
As an agency of County government, we are sales tax exempt. Our Exemption Account ID is 75-262-350 and our EIN is 23-1977636.