Cleve J. Fredricksen Library is seeking an individual to perform a variety of cleaning and maintenance functions related to maintaining the appearance and functionality of the library; works under the direct supervision of the building manager. EOE.
Pay Rate: $10.00-$11.00 per hour
Essential Duties & Functions:
- Performs all cleaning duties for the building including cleaning restrooms, vacuuming and spot cleaning carpets, sweeping steps, cleaning windows and woodwork, dusting, mopping and waxing floors, collecting and disposing trash daily, etc…
- Sets up community room for programs and events
- Notifies building manager of all needed repairs
- Changes light bulbs as necessary
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the supervisor’s discretion
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Familiarity with and knowledge of relevant maintenance equipment
- Requires ability to prioritize and follow task lists
- Ability to read and interpret instructions related to equipment repair and maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret instructions related to furniture assembly
- Ability to make independent decisions based on good business practices and library philosophy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- High School diploma or G.E.D
Physical and Environmental Conditions:
Work regularly demands heavy physical effort in the handling of materials, boxes, carts, or equipment. Regularly lifts and carries books and materials weighing as much as 80 pounds; regularly bends and reaches to clean the top and bottom shelves, walls, lights and floors; Work requires standing for extended periods of time. The work environment involves everyday risks which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting rooms, and libraries, e.g., the safe use of work place practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of safety regulations.
Saturdays and Sundays- up to 10 hours per week, flexible schedule.
Must have FBI criminal history, Pennsylvania Child Abuse, and Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History clearance that qualify the individual for employment as outlined in the library system’s Employee Clearances policy.
How to Apply
Application information is available at the Fredricksen reference desk. Applications can be emailed to email@example.com