Cleve J. Fredricksen Library is seeking a friendly customer service individual to assist in the children’s library. Performs a variety of informational services to meet the needs of the customers in the library EOE.
Pay Rate: $9.14 per hour
- Provides friendly professional customer service to the public and staff which may include registering customers for programs or placing materials on hold for the customer
- Assists customers and staff by analyzing inquiries, answering questions, identifying informational sources, recommending materials and instructing use of resources but refers to librarian if unable to locate information
- Develops and implements ideas for displays, exhibits, bulletin boards and book lists; assists in preparing signage
- Reads professional literature and maintains current knowledge of children’s reference materials and search tools
- Attends staff, county and other professional meetings representing the library. Participates in and strengthens library and branch teams. Complies with continuing education requirements
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the supervisor’s discretion
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, work independently and make decisions based on good business practices and library philosophy
- Knowledge of basic computer functions and software
- Knowledge of children’s materials
- Excellent organizational skills
Employment Clearances: Must have FBI criminal history, Pennsylvania Child Abuse and Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History clearance that qualify the individual for employment as outlined in the library system’s Employee Clearances policy.
Position 1 : Mondays - Thursdays - 9:00 am to 1: 00 pm
Position 2: Mondays - Fridays -m1:00 pm to 5: 00 pm
Ability to substitute preferred
How to Apply :
Application information is available at the Fredricksen reference desk, East Pennsboro circulation desk or at the top of our Employment web page. Library employees are required to meet criteria of three required background checks.
Children's Aide Job Description (PDF, 2 pages)
Closing date: 9/19/2021