Cleve J. Fredricksen Library in Camp Hill is seeking an individual dedicated to create a positive experience for each library customer. Reference Services Assistant will actively assist customers with locating materials provide instruction of print and non-print resources, assist customers with library equipment and assist customers in finding answers to their questions.
The candidate will possess excellent customer service skills, knowledge of basic computer functions and software and the ability to demonstrate tact and professionalism in communications.
$9.68 per hour EOE.
- Creates positive experiences for library customers by effectively and efficiently performing job tasks
- Demonstrates superior public service skills, and an understanding of public library operations. Supports “customer first” practices.
- Proactively seeks to assist customers with finding items. Circulates the library floor regularly while performing other work duties to actively assist customers.
- Proficiently performs reference tasks including but not limited to: opening and closing procedures, provides basic instruction of print and non-print resources; provides basic circulation functions, collects fees; evaluates donations of materials; assists customers with library equipment.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the supervisor’s discretion
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess excellent customer service skills; Requires the ability to handle customer complaints, difficult situations, and the challenges presented by customers
- Knowledge of computer functions and software; Must be able to learn and become skilled with library equipment, technology and software as required to effectively and efficiently perform essential functions
- Ability to demonstrate tact and professionalism in all communication
- Bachelor’s degree with some library science preferred
- Experience in a public library setting preferred
Thursdays and Fridays - 8.30am to 1.00pm and one weekend a month 12.30pm to 5.00pm.
Ability to substitute preferred
Must have FBI criminal history, Pennsylvania Child Abuse and Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History clearance that qualify the individual for employment as outlined in the library system’s Employee Clearances policy.
How to Apply
Closing date: 09/19/2021