Cleve J. Fredricksen Library in Camp Hill is seeking an individual dedicated to creating a positive experience for each library customer. Public Services Specialist will actively assist customers with locating materials and with using catalog, assist customers with self-directed tasks and technology and handle circulation such as checking materials in and out and processing new library card registrations. EOE.
Pay Rate: $9.14 per hour
- Creates positive experiences for library customers by effectively and efficiently performing job tasks
- Demonstrates superior public service skills, and an understanding of public library operations. Supports “customer first” practices.
- Proactively seeks to assist customers with finding items. Circulates the library floor regularly while performing other work duties to actively assist customers.
- Demonstrates tact and professionalism in all communications. Provides accurate information and directional assistance
- Proficiently performs circulation tasks including but not limited to: opening and closing procedures, checking in daily newspapers, checking in and out materials,renewing materials, registering customers for library cards, placing materials on hold, collecting fees; shelving materials, maintaining the overall appearance of the shelves, pulling expired hold report, retrieving book drop, processing materials from daily lists, assisting with delivery of materials, operates cash register and credit card machine accurately when receiving payments and making change
- Demonstrates a professional, positive, cooperative, team-oriented working relationship with staff, administration and volunteers; in the absence of the department manager supervises the circulation pages and volunteers assisting with the tasks of circulation
- Markets library programs and events through discussion and distribution of materials
- Demonstrates the utmost professionalism and courtesy to all customers in any communication whether face-to-face, phone, email or web-based communication
- Provides assistance with the use of computer catalog, self-directed tasks and technology, as needed
Requirements : High school diploma or GED and previous customer service experience preferred
Employment Clearances: Must have FBI criminal history, Pennsylvania Child Abuse and Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History clearance that qualify the individual for employment as outlined in the library system’s Employee Clearances policy.
Mondays - 8.30am to 1pm, Tuesdays - 1pm to 5pm and every fourth weekend rotation 12.00pm to 5.00pm
Ability to substitute preferred.
How to Apply