2020 Book Sales
February Book Sale: February 7 - 9, 2020
- Members Preview: Friday, February 7, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Book Sale: Saturday, February 8, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Bag Sale: Sunday, February 9, 1:00 - 3:00 pm
CANCELLED: June Book Sale: June 19 - 21, 2020
Due to health and safety concerns related to COVID-19, the June Book Sale is cancelled.
- Members Preview: Friday, June 19, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Book Sale: Saturday, June 20, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Bag Sale: Sunday, June 21, 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Members Only Inventory Reduction Sale: August 15, 2020, 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
As the Friends had to cancel the June book sale, they are holding a special inventory reduction one-day sale for Friends Members only. A Friends Membership purchased prior to August 1 will grant admission to this special sale in addition to any other Friends-only book sales this year.
Due to COVID19, there are special requirements to attend:
- Limit of 20 shoppers in the building at a time. This limit is subject to change based on current state rules on sale day. You may have to wait to enter the building.
- Masks or facial coverings are required while waiting in line and while in the building.
- Only one person per household may attend the sale, due to the gathering size limitations. Shoppers must be age 18 or older.
- A maximum of 25 items can be purchased, even if you have multiple memberships.
- No preview night or bag sale at this event.
October Book Sale: October 23 - 25, 2020
- Members Preview: Friday, October 23, 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Book Sale: Saturday, October 24, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Bag Sale: Sunday, October 25, 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Book Sales are held at our Book Sale Center, 114 North York St., Mechanicsburg. The entrance to the Book Sale Center is off of North York Street.
"Members Only" preview from 6:00 - 8:00 pm on the night before the sale. Invitations to Preview Night are mailed one month prior to the sale to current Friends' members. Memberships may be purchased at the door at Preview Night. Purchase limit of 25 items per membership at Preview Night.
Bag Sale - All the books you can fit in a level bag for only $10.00! Some restrictions apply. Paper bags supplied by the Friends of the Library.
Mini Book Sale at the Library EVERY DAY!
Did you know? Books are available for purchase at the Joseph T. Simpson Public Library at 16 North Walnut Street every hour that the library is open! On the Upper Level you can purchase books for adults and teens. On the Lower Level, we have a collection of children's books available for purchase. Be sure to check out the Mini Book Sale frequently as the shelves are restocked on a weekly basis.
New! You can now buy gift cards for the Mini Book Sale! The gift cards are sold at the Main Desk of the library for $5. The lucky recipient can use their gift card to buy books, music, puzzles, games, comic books, and more at the Mini Book Sales on the Upper and Lower Levels of the library.
Book Sale and Donation Drop Off Location
All book donations should be delivered to our Book Donation Drop Off Center located at 114 North York St., Mechanicsburg. Book donations should be placed in the blue shed on the side of the warehouse building. Donations must dropped off in sturdy bags or boxes. No loose items, please! DO NOT drop of items for the book sale at the Library.
Just look for the blue shed!
Book Donation Guidelines
The quality of the books available for purchase at our book sales is only as good as the quality of the donations that we receive throughout the year. If you have items you would like to donate, please follow these guidelines. Donations must be dropped off in sturdy bags or boxes. Please, no loose books. Book donation receipt. (PDF, 30KB, 1 page)
The donations appreciated are:
PLEASE DO NOT DONATE:
We cannot sell donations that are: