East Pennsboro Branch Library in Enola, PA, is seeking a part-time Program Specialist to plan and present educational, entertaining, and enriching library programs for all ages.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable coordinating and presenting a wide variety of programs, including adult programs, family programs, arts and crafts, STEM activities, games, etc.
The ideal candidate will also be creative and organized, will be able to work both independently and collaboratively, and will enjoy cultivating relationships with the community.
Pay rate: $9.68 /hour
- Plans, presents and evaluates programs keeping the goals of the library and the community’s interests as the focus
- Coordinates promotional materials with the supervisor
- Reads professional literature
- Attends staff, county and other professional meetings. Participates in and strengthens library and branch teams. Complies with continuing education requirements
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the supervisor’s discretion
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, work independently and make decisions based on good business practices and library philosophy
- Ability to develop and present programs
- Knowledge of local resources to develop programming connections
- Knowledge of basic computer functions and software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in marketing or related fields
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred
9 hours per week
Hours: Tuesday,Wednesday, and Thursday 5pm-8pm, and one Saturday from 9:30am to 2pm every 4 to 5 weeks as part of a rotation.
Note: this is a year-round position.
How to Apply
Program Specialist Job Description (PDF, 2 pages)
Application information is available at the Fredricksen reference desk, East Pennsboro circulation desk or at the top of our Employment web page.
Application Deadline: Sunday, September 22