East Pennsboro Branch Library in Enola, PA, is seeking a part-time Program Specialist to plan and present programs for all ages, including story times. Must have knowledge of local resources to develop programming connections and must be willing to reach out to groups and organizations to make new connections.
Pay rate: $9.68 /hour
Start Date : July 22nd
- Plans, presents and evaluates programs keeping the goals of the library and the community’s interests as the focus
- Coordinates promotional materials with the supervisor
- Reads professional literature
- Attends staff, county and other professional meetings. Participates in and strengthens library and branch teams. Complies with continuing education requirements
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the supervisor’s discretion
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, work independently and make decisions based on good business practices and library philosophy
- Ability to develop and present programs
- Knowledge of local resources to develop programming connections
- Knowledge of basic computer functions and software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in marketing or related fields
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred
10 hours per week
Hours will vary depending on program needs but will primarily consist of weekdays and some weekends. Note: this is a year-round position.
How to Apply
Program Specialist Job Description (PDF, 2 pages)
Application information is available at the Fredricksen reference desk, East Pennsboro circulation desk or at the top of our Employment web page.
Closing date: 06/30/2019