Cleve J. Fredricksen Library is looking for individuals to perform shelving, shelf maintenance and a variety of other duties related to the organization and retrieval of library materials; works under the direct supervision of the Public Services Manager.
- Checks in materials with high accuracy
- Assists with the routing of materials to and from libraries
- Shelves library materials using correct shelving procedures and shifts materials as necessary
- Shelf reads materials as assigned
- Answers routine directional questions and refers reference, informational or reader’s advisory to appropriate staff members
- Assists with opening and closing procedures as needed
- Helps to maintain overall library appearance by filling displays and maintaining a neat and clean area
- Participates in and strengthens library and branch teams
- Cross trains as a children’s page for substitution purposes
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the supervisor’s discretion
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Dewey Decimal System and the basic principles of library organization
- Ability to sort materials in appropriate alphabetical or numerical order and place materials on shelves in accurate order
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Must be 16 years or older
Ability to place materials in correct alphabetical order or Dewey Decimal order.
Position : Fridays - 6pm to 9pm and an every fourth weekend rotation of Saturday and Sunday 1.00pm to 5.00pm
Pay rate : $9.00/hr
How to Apply
Application information is available at the Fredricksen reference desk, East Pennsboro circulation desk or at the top of our Employment web page.
Circulation Page Job Description (PDF, 77KB, 2 pages)