SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES: The Facilities Manager ensures that the building and grounds of the library are well-maintained. This position also includes seeking bids and/or best prices for goods and services needed for the maintenance of the library in consultation with the Executive Director and/or Library Board Property Committee Chair. This is a part-time (10 hours per week) position with flexible hours. Pay rate is $15/hour.
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Buildings and ground maintenance experience preferred
- Cleaning supplies, tools, and techniques
- Yard Maintenance supplies, tools, and techniques
- Minor building repair and maintenance supplies, tools, and techniques such as touch-up painting, light bulb replacement, toilet and faucet care, etc.
- Equipment maintenance
- Work independently
- Make decisions on routine maintenance requirements
- Spot potential problem and report and/or resolve them
- Operate a computer
- Be on call (backed up by Executive Director and/or Property Committee members) for various emergency situations
- Manage time and task productively
- Work a flexible schedule including possible evenings and Saturdays
- Be cooperative, flexible and have a positive attitude in a changing environment
- Be adaptable and able to make decisions independently
PRIMARY DUTIES: Duties may include but are not limited to the following:
- Purchase building and grounds supplies and equipment as needed
- Maintain grounds such as removing debris in between lawn care service and snow removal service visits
- Schedule contractors for annual/semi-annual projects such as lawn fertilization, window cleaning, etc.
- Consult with Property Committee involving tasks requiring two or more people
- Establish schedule for major cleaning projects not done on a daily basis
- Assist with and/or set up for and clean up from programs as needed
- Other duties as assigned
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Physical requirements include ability to move around the facility, walk, sit, bend, climb kneel, stoop, and carry; ability to use hand and finger motion with enough manual dexterity to use computers and make minor repairs; lift a minimum of 25 pounds; and safely use potentially dangerous equipment and chemicals. Duties are performed in surroundings where undesirable physical conditions and hazards are minor and controllable, especially when equipment and chemicals are used appropriately. Must be able to communicate effectively. Must have a valid PA Driver’s license.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director, Board of Trustees Property Committee
PLEASE SEND RESUME TO: firstname.lastname@example.org