7:00 pm to 8:00 pm in the Community Room, Lower Level
How proactive planning can guard against adverse legal situations.
Failing to properly plan for your estate can have serious legal and tax consequences for your family. This presentation will explain the core legal documents you should have in place for estate planning and why they are important. Discussion will include Estate Planning essentials: Wills, Trusts, Power of Attorney, and Living Wills. Attorney Brian J. Hinkle of Mette Evans and Woodside will also discuss the estate administration process and Medicaid/Medical Assistance planning options.
· Tax and property transfer consequences of not having a will
· Creating a trust and the potential benefits
· Responsibilities related to power of attorney
· Designating a health care power of attorney
· Understanding the duties of an executor of your will
· Planning for Medicaid/Medical Assistance
Presenter: Attorney Brian J. Hinkle – Mette Evans & Woodside
Brian Hinkle has devoted his career to guiding his clients through the nuances of proactive legal planning. His work assisting individuals encompasses estate and trust planning, including consideration of any related tax implications. He is a member of the Central Pennsylvania Estate Planning Council and frequent presenter on estate and trust issues, estate planning, long-term care planning and special needs planning.