East Pennsboro Branch Library in Enola, PA, is seeking a part-time Program Specialist to plan and present educational, entertaining, and enriching library programs for all ages.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable coordinating and presenting a wide variety of programs, including children’s story times, arts and crafts, STEM activities, games, etc., with increased programming and administration during our Summer Learning Program (June-early August).
The ideal candidate will also be creative and organized, will be able to work both independently and collaboratively, and will enjoy cultivating relationships with the community.
Pay rate: $9.68 /hour
- Plans, presents and evaluates programs keeping the goals of the library and the community’s interests as the focus
- Coordinates promotional materials with the supervisor
- Reads professional literature
- Attends staff, county and other professional meetings. Participates in and strengthens library and branch teams. Complies with continuing education requirements
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the supervisor’s discretion
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive, work independently and make decisions based on good business practices and library philosophy
- Ability to develop and present programs
- Knowledge of local resources to develop programming connections
- Knowledge of basic computer functions and software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- College degree preferred
- Minimum of one year experience in marketing or related fields
- Previous nonprofit experience preferred
10 hours per week (15 hours per week June-early August)
Hours will vary depending on the schedule of programs but will primarily fall between 9:30am and 3pm Monday through Friday and between 9:30am and 2pm on Saturdays once or twice a month.
Note: this is a year-round position.
How to Apply
Program Specialist Job Description (PDF, 2 pages)
Application information is available at the Fredricksen reference desk, East Pennsboro circulation desk or at the top of our Employment web page.
Closing date: 08/31/2019