To register for a program, please call 717-486-3688, email email@example.com, or stop at the library.
2019 ADULT SUMMER READING PROGRAM CONTINUES THROUGH AUGUST 31
A UNIVERSE OF STORIES
- Available for adults ages 18 and older.
- After you register, pick up a reading log at Amelia Givin Library to track your progress and get chances to win weekly prizes.
- Read 7 books of your choice, choosing from at least 4 different categories listed on the reading log. Audiobooks and eAudiobooks may be used for up to 3 of the 7 titles.
- Participants who read 7 books will receive a small prize PLUS an entry in the drawing for 1 of 3 Amazon gift cards.
- Get chances to win weekly prizes by completing book reviews for each title you read. You may submit up to 2 reviews each week using the provided paper slips, or submit them on line at ameliagivinlibrary.beanstack.org. Weekly drawings begin June 7 and end August 23.
FALL BOOK SALE
Wednesday, September 18 through Saturday, September 21 during regular library hours - Browse through a large selection of items for sale in the library's lower level, including books, books on CD, music CDs and DVDs for all ages. All proceeds benefit the Friends of Amelia Givin Library.
Tuesday, October 8 @ 6:30 pm - Creative Cooking Exchange - Theme: Diner Dinner - Prepare a dish that's a favorite at your local diner and bring it to share with the group. Don't forget the reicpe! No registration needed.
**Note regarding Creative Cooking Exchange (Held the 2nd Tuesday of every month) - Here's how it works:
- Check out a cookbook from Amelia Givin Library.
- Choose a recipe from the book and prepare it
- After the recipe has been completed and made, jot down any difficulties, ideas to make it better, tips & hints you may have about the recipe
- Bring the dish to the Creative Cooking Exchange along with those notes and a thumbs up or thumbs down recommendation
- Participants will taste each others dishes and share recipes
- Enjoy preparing new dishes and meeting new friends!