How do you hold a 5K after a pandemic? Virtually, of course! Register for Run (Virtually!) For Reading and then run or walk a 5K route of your choice at any time on August 8. Send us your best photo or post it on social media for a chance to win a special prize! Your participation and sponsorship will help Simpson Library get through this year stronger than ever!
How exactly does a virtual 5K work?
- Run or walk any time on August 8
- Choose your own route: take to the treadmill, run in your neighborhood, or follow the suggested course map below.
- No water stations, refreshments, or traffic control will be provided.
- Share photos of yourself on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter with the hashtag #RunForReading2020 and tag us @simpsonlibrary or @jsimpsonlibrary. A prize will be given to the best photo. Not on social media? Email your photo to email@example.com.
- Special edition t-shirts and race packets can be picked up at the library from August 11 - 14. Register by July 25 to get a t-shirt.
- No awards or medals will be provided this year.
Sounds fun! How do I register?
On or before July 25:
$25 pre-registered 5K participant
$10 Family Fee for 1-mile Fun Run/Walk (no shirt)*
$5 Single Fee for 1-mile Fun Run/Walk (no shirt)
After July 25 through Race Day:
$30 per 5K participant (no shirt)
$10 Single/Family Fee for 1-mile Fun Run/Walk (no shirt)*
*Family registration available with mail-in registrations only. All registrations must be in same envelope.
Can you suggest a route to run?
While you can run any course you'd like, here are two options for Winding Hills Park in Upper Allen Township.
|5K Course Route||1-Mile Course Route|
Who's sponsoring Run for Reading?
We are so grateful to the generous businesses and individuals sponsoring the 2020 Run (Virtually) for Reading!
Autobodies by Lucas
Upper Allen Woman’s Club
Mechanicsburg Brethren in Christ Church
How do I become a sponsor?
Your sponsorship ensures the success of our event! Just fill out this form (PDF, 701KB 2 pages) and return it to the library by July 6. Please contact Dawna Trump at firstname.lastname@example.org or 717-766-0171 with any questions.