Simpson Library is hiring a Children's Programmer to plans and implement educational programs for preschool and school age children.
This part-time position works 20-22 hours/week, including daytime, evening, Saturday and Sunday hours. Schedule subject to change as deemed necessary to meet library operating requirements. $12.00/hour.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education required.
Do you like working with teenagers as well? Check out our other job vacancy for a teen programmer! These two positions can be combined into one amazing job!
Essential Duties and Functions:
1. Plans, organizes and schedules a variety of educational programs for children and parents aligned with the key learning areas in the Pennsylvania Learning Standards for Early Childhood.
2. Incorporates technology into programs where appropriate.
3. Develops assessment tools to measure program outcomes and regularly conducts program evaluations.
4. Prepares press releases and program flyers for children's programs.
5. Plans and coordinates the Summer Reading Program for preschool children. Obtains prizes and schedules programs for this eight-week program.
6. Visits area daycare centers and preschools on a monthly basis for outreach Story Time and delivers requested materials for teacher collections. Visits increase to weekly visits during the Summer Reading Program.
7. Oversees selection and collection of materials for requested teacher collections.
8. Performs public services for children and their families including instruction in the use of the computerized catalog and Internet, and location of materials, reference assistance, referral and reader's advisory services.
Children's Programmer Full Job Description (PDF, 2 pages, 201 KB)
How to Apply: To apply, submit resume and cover letter to Danette Swartley, Youth Services Coordinator, Joseph T. Simpson Public Library 16 N. Walnut St., Mechanicsburg, PA 17055 or email resume and cover letter to Danette at firstname.lastname@example.org or fill out and submit job application.
Simpson Library Employment Application (PDF, 4 pages, 164KB)