The Coy Public Library provides meeting space for library programs and for other meetings and programs of an informational, educational, cultural, business or civic nature. All groups, not-for-profit and for-profit, are invited to apply for use of the library's facilities. For-profit groups will be charged a rental fee. The library provides meeting space as a public service but does not endorse the view or opinions of groups utilizing these facilities.
- Shippensburg Meeting Room Policy (MS Word, 64 KB, 4 pages)
- Shippensburg Meeting Room Application (MS Word, 41 KB, 1 page)
An adult aged 18 or over must be present for all meetings. In general, groups are prioritized in the following order when there are conflicting requests for space:
- Library and Friends of Library Programs - which involve efforts of library staff or volunteers
- Local Government Meetings/Programs - official meetings or programs of the Commonwealth, Cumberland and Franklin Counties or county municipal government agencies/departments
- Programs of an Educational, Cultural, Civic, or Social Organization
- Activities of Profit-Making Organizations/Businesses, including classes, workshops, and meetings held with the intention of generating revenue for their own organization/business.
- Sales Activities
Fees for Use of Facilities
The use of Library facilities is free as long as the meetings or programs are open to the public, are free, and do not generate revenue. If revenue is generated, the fee for each reservation is $40 per hour per meeting space. Revenue is defined as proceeds from sales, admission or attendance fees, or tuition by a non-profit, for-profit, or governmental organization, group, or agency. This includes “free” educational programs which intend to generate future revenues for the presenter(s).
An exception is made for profit-making endeavors held for the benefit of Library. Applicants wishing to charge a fee or to sell items or services for the benefit of Library must seek approval of written request made to Library before such an event occurs.
No reservation is final until payment, when required, is received.