The New Cumberland Library staff are happy to safely welcome everyone back into the building on June 22! We have hand sanitizer, we are wearing masks, frequently cleaning surfaces, quarantining items, and washing our hands throughout the day. Everyone in the building, staff, and patrons, are asked to wear masks and maintain social distancing as we open the doors to our community and cautiously get used to being together again.
New hours to accommodate all patrons:
Monday – Tuesday 10:00 am - 8:00 pm OPEN
Wednesday 10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Thursday 10:00 am – 8:00 pm OPEN
Friday - Saturday 10:00 am - 5:00 pm OPEN
New Holds Arrangement
- All holds are now located on a Holds Pickup Shelf that can be accessed by patrons
- Please pick up your own holds from this shelf before check-out at the circulation desk, or using the Self Checkout.
- Holds are located to the left when you enter the library. Look for the signs.
- Holds will be alphabetical by your last name. Look for the first 4 letters of your last name plus, the last 4 digits of your barcode. Please check both your name and barcode to ensure you are picking up the correct holds.
Here's what you can expect when we reopen:
- All items must be returned in the outside book drop and media drop before entering the library.
- All returns are quarantined for 72 hours before they are checked in. No fines will accrue during the quarantine period. Your account will adjust after 4 days.
- Wear a mask or facial covering while in the building and maintain social distancing.
- No toys, games, or game computers will be available in the children's library. Puzzles will be available for checkout only.
- The meeting room is not available for individual use at this time.
- A limited number of internet computers are available. The daily time limit has been reduced to one hour per day for internet computers. No exceptions.
- Please limit the time you use the library to 1 hour or less.
- In-person programming is still on hold. Summer Reading Program will continue virtually and online. Please check our website for the most up-to-date information.
Prior to coming to the Library:
- Refrain from coming to the Library if you have had contact with someone known or suspected to have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Refrain from coming to the Library if you have any symptoms of COVID-19 as identified by the CDC.
When visiting the Library, customers will be required to:
- Wear a face mask/covering unless medically exempt from doing so.
- Follow all directional controls put in place by the Library.
- Observe proper social distancing from other customers and staff of the Library.
If a customer refuses to follow these requirements, the staff may ask the person to leave the library. Refusal to leave may result in the library contacting the police to escort the customer off of the library premises.
Illness or Suspected Illness
If a customer has had contact with someone known or suspected to have tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 14 days, has tested positive for COVID-19 or has been suspected of having had COVID-19, or has shown any symptoms of COVID-19 as identified by the CDC, the visitor may enter the Library after they have been symptom-free, without the use of medication, for 72 hours. If within 14 days of their visit to the Library, a visitor tests positive for COVID-19, they should notify the Library immediately. The visitor should be prepared to provide the following information:
- Date/Time of visit
- Areas of the Library visited
- Names of any Staff (if known) with whom they interacted.