New Cumberland Public Library is open for regular hours. Face masks are requested for all visitors over age 2 unless fully vaccinated. We appreciate & encourage continued masking to protect our vulnerable populations and those that have not yet become fully vaccinated. Because children under 12 are ineligible for vaccination, we recommend children and adults continue to mask in the children's room and at children's programs. Contact-free curbside pickup of hold items continues to be available. Click on the headline to read more details.
Here's what you need to know about visiting the Library at this time:
- All visitors must securely wear a cloth face mask or surgical mask that fully covers the mouth and nose, except children under the age of 2 and those who are fully vaccinated, as recommended by the CDC and Commonwealth of PA. We encourage continued masking regardless of vaccination status to protect our vulnerable populations. Staff will continue to wear masks for your comfort & safety at this time.
- Fully vaccinated is defined as 2 weeks after the second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine.
- Because children under 12 are ineligible to be vaccinated, and those 12-15 cannot yet be fully vaccinated, masks are required for everyone over age 2 in the children's room and at children's programs. Thank you for helping to protect the children in our community.
- All items must be returned in the outside book drop.
- Time at public Internet computers is limited to one hour.
- Our meeting rooms are not available for use by the public at this time.
- Curbside service is available every day during library operating hours. Please call 717-774-7820 at least 15 minutes before your arrival to arrange contactless curbside pickup of your items on hold. You may also call for assistance selecting materials to check out. Those interested in retrieving children's items through curbside pickup, including kits, can call the children's desk at 717-774-7822.
- Please do not use the Library if you have a cough, feel ill or have been advised to quarantine.
- With your library card, you can access free online resources 24/7 including e-books and audiobooks, movies, and databases including magazines, investment information, homework help and more.
The Library will continue to monitor conditions in our community, as well as follow the guidance from state and county health officials. We want to continue to serve our community, but do so safely. We are committed to the well-being of our customers and staff. Thank you for your understanding!