New Cumberland Public Library is open for regular operating hours. We ask that you continue to follow social distancing measures while in the building. Face masks are required for all visitors over the age of 2 and patrons are asked to limit their visits to no more than 60 minutes. Contact-free curbside pickup of hold items continues to be available for those who prefer not to come in the library or who cannot wear a mask. For complete details, please click the headline above.
Here's what you need to know about visiting the Library during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- All items must be returned in the outside book drop.
- Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before check in and may still show on your account as checked out. Fines will be waived for all days these items are in quarantine.
- Limit your library use to brief browsing and checking out materials.
- Time in the library at desks and computers is limited to one hour. We will follow the guidelines for building capacity issued by the Commonwealth.
- Our meeting rooms are not available for use by the public at this time.
- All visitors must securely wear a cloth face mask or surgical mask that fully covers the mouth and nose, except children under the age of 2, as recommended by the CDC and Commonwealth of PA. Those over age 2 that cannot wear a face mask should use our curbside pickup service instead. Families with children under age 2 are encouraged to utilize our curbside service to reduce risk of exposure to their children.
- Curbside service is available every day during library operating hours. Please call 717-774-7820 at least 15 minutes before your arrival to arrange contactless curbside pickup of your items on hold. You may also call for assistance selecting materials to check out. Those interested in retrieving children's items through curbside pickup, including kits, can call the children's desk at 717-774-7822.
- Please do not use the Library if you have a cough, feel ill or have been advised to quarantine.
- With your library card, you can access free online resources 24/7 including e-books and audiobooks, movies, and databases including magazines, investment information, homework help and more.
The Library will continue to monitor conditions in our community, as well as follow the guidance from state and county health officials. We want to continue to serve our community, but do so safely. We are committed to the well-being of our customers and staff. Thank you for your understanding!