Cleve J. Fredricksen Library in Camp Hill is seeking a part-time Development Associate to provide administrative support to the development team working to advance the Library's programmatic mission by ensuring sustainable funding for the organization's work. The Development Associate will ensure that the administrative processes which support fundraising run efficiently, and will spend significant time supporting events and performing prospect research. The successful candidate will possess excellent administrative/time management skills, knowledge of MS Office/fundraising databases and strong attention to detail. EOE.
Classification: Part-Time/Non - Exempt
Hours: Approximately 20 hours per week/some evenings and weekends required
Pay: starts at $14.00 per hour (commensurate with experience)
The responsibilities of the position are as follows:
Provide organization and support for events from start to finish, including:
- Assist as needed in running database reports for event invitation lists;
- Research giving information for potential event attendees;
- Track RSVPs and assist with follow-up calls to invitees;
- Assemble marketing and other materials for events in conjunction with Marketing team;
- Confirm details with venues/hosts, and handle deliveries and other basic logistics.
Research prospective donors to identify likely funding sources, including:
- Identify existing donors with greater capacity;
- Research new contacts made by senior staff and Board members;
- Research giving information for prospective sponsors;
- Assist with planning, logistics, execution and wrap-up of special fundraising activities.
General Administration/Database Support:
- Schedule and confirm donor meetings for senior staff;
- Create new constituent records for senior staff;
- Enter reports of call, contacts, and new contact information into donor database for senior staff;
- Prepare written correspondence, including reporting and solicitation, on behalf of senior staff;
- Process donations;
- Attend staff, county and other professional meetings;
- Other duties that support the needs of the Development Director, as assigned.
- A minimum of two years’ administrative experience preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple priorities and complete projects in accordance with department goals;
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience with fundraising databases;
- Excellent time management, organizational and communication skills (written and spoken);
- Ability to work independently, solve problems and actively seek assistance when needed;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Discretion and confidentiality with respect to donor records;
- College degree with Business, English, communications or creative writing coursework preferred.
Physical and Environmental Conditions: Work regularly demands physical effort in the handling of moderately heavy materials or boxes as well as manual dexterity and visual acuity when working with a computer. Regularly uses repetitive movements and views small print while typing documents on a computer. Work requires sitting for extended periods of time. Work regularly requires driving to various locations as needed.
The work environment involves everyday risks which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices, meeting rooms, and libraries, e.g., the use safe of work place practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations.
This document describes the position currently available. It is not an employment contract. The Cleve J. Fredricksen Library and East Pennsboro Branch Library reserve the right to modify job duties or job descriptions at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of this job.