See ALL that's NEW in the Cumberland County Library System's Catalog HERE!
Want to see the latest movies on DVD with no wait?
Fredbox is a faster way to watch recent, in-demand DVDs rather than through the traditional checkout. For a $2.00 rental fee (sales tax included), you can get the most in-demand movies for three days from fredbox. There are no reserves or renewals and fredbox DVDs must be returned to Fredricksen Library. Regular late fees apply ($2.00 per DVD per day).
You can still check out DVDs the traditional way. We will have an additional copy available of each of these movies in the regular DVD section, which will circulate for free, but the hold lines on those copies are frequently long. New DVDs will be regularly added to the fredbox collection.
Fredbox, like Leap the Line, enables you to spend a little to benefit the library while getting brand new DVDs faster. Look for the fredbox display in our checkout area!
NEW TITLES ARRIVE EACH MONTH!
Looking for a new book, audio or DVD that isn't owned by a Cumberland County library? If you've checked the online catalog for a title that has been published/released and we don't own it, suggest it HERE.
"Books to Go" Displays
Visit Fredricksen Library and check out our beautiful book displays, "Books to Go" shelving, which enables us to display books covers out, just like at a book store. These handsome pieces of furniture were donated by Gretchen Miller, in loving memory of her husband Richard, and their daughter, Heidi Miller Crawford. Watch for changing display themes!
Leap the Line!
Tired of waiting through long lines of “holds” at the library? Does your favorite bestselling author come out with a new book while you’re still waiting for the old title? Do you get frustrated waiting for a new DVD? Why not Leap the Line?
- Fill out the form on our brochure instructing the library to Leap the Line for that title. (To qualify as a Leap the Line item, the item must exist in the catalog AND have holds on it. If the item does not exist in the catalog, you can complete a purchase suggestion form instead.)
- As soon the form is received, your name Leaps the Line to the top of the holds list.
- Within 1 week, the item is purchased and received, and you are notified.
- You pay just $10, (Large print - $20) and the library pays the balance.
- You borrow the item for twice the normal borrowing time (books for 4 weeks, DVDs for 2 weeks).
- When you return the item, it goes into our regular collection, and the long holds line resumes.
By Leaping the Line, you enable the library to add high-demand titles while making a donation. You receive the item first, for a longer borrowing period. You have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped the library. Thank you and enjoy your Leap!
By Appointment only - Tuesdays from 10 am - 12 pm
Reference Desk, Main Floor
We are pleased to offer free one-on-one consultations for up to an hour to help you navigate the basics of your eDevice! Just call in to reserve up to one hour with one of our trained Reference Librarians who will assist you with downloading eBooks and eAudiobooks, as well as offer basic help with your tablet. You must have the device, login name and password with you for your appointment. To reserve a time slot, call 717-761-3900 x225.