“Alone, we can do so little.
Together, we can do so much.”
– Helen Keller
October 21, 2019
Pat yourself on the back. This year marks the completion of three construction projects that make a real difference in our service to you and your community. A new lower level entrance provides easy access to the Pollock Children’s Library, the Ruggaber Community Room, and curbside drop off straight to the elevator. The Business and Career Center is up and running providing much needed job training classes, access to community resources, technology to enhance your at-home or online business, and a pathway to the jobs of the future. Finally, the Hoyt Reading Plaza provides a pleasant outdoor space to read, meet your friends, and enjoy the lovely grounds surrounding the library.
None of this would be possible without the dedicated staff, board members, volunteers, Friends, and you. During the renovations…
- Staff members adapted and adjusted programs during ongoing construction, and kept their usual sunny, helpful demeanor when assisting with patrons during all the interruptions and changes.
- Board members gave their time and talent as attorneys, accountants, insurance brokers, bankers, facilities managers, and business owners to keep our contracts reviewed, our finances balanced, and our committees up-to-date on operations.
- Volunteers continued to enhance our services with their expertise, willingness to step in and help where needed, and flexibility to make it all work.
- Friends of the Fredricksen Library provided extra funds when needed to keep our equipment and programs running whenever a glitch occurred.
- But, most of all, our faithful supporters stepped up to provide the funding for the operating budget and went beyond to purchase pavers, contribute to the Open Doors Campaign, and spread the word about the wonderful things going on at their public library. Thank you!
Help us transform lives with the power of information as we continue to reach out to our communities with new ideas and services to meet the needs of all for free. Every contribution, large or small, makes a difference. Without your generous financial support, our hours, programming, and services would suffer. Consider a year-end gift as a valued member of the Fredricksen Library and East Pennsboro Branch family!
Diane Myers, Board President
Donate to Fredricksen Library using PayPal
CLICK HERE for PHOTOS of all the happenings at Fredricksen Library and East Pennsboro Branch!