The Bosler Memorial Library in Carlisle, PA, seeks a Business Office Assistant. This position assists with the routine bookkeeping duties of the Business Office and provides assistance with special projects and reporting when necessary and assists with the payroll process and other human resources duties.
This is a part-time, 20 hours per week position. The starting salary for this position is $14.00 per hour. This position is non-exempt status.
Required for employment: State driver’s license and proof of insurance; ability to lift 25 lbs. unassisted; a criminal background check; child abuse clearance; and FBI fingerprinting.
- Two years general bookkeeping experience
- Two years of experience using MS Office Suite or equivalent
- Proficiency with 10-key operations
- Associate degree in Accounting or Business related field
- General knowledge of bookkeeping principles and practices.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently record routine and cyclical business transactions, such as cash receipts and accounts payable into the accounting software.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently; completing regular duties and additional assigned tasks. Keeps supervisor apprised of status of ongoing projects.
- Organizes, proofreads, and copies potentially confidential information and maintains confidentiality unless instructed by your supervisor that it can be treated differently.
- Responsible for reconciling transactions and maintaining appropriate spreadsheets.
- Prepares and makes bank deposits. Records deposits into accounting software.
- Reviews monthly bank statements.
- Assists with payroll, human resources duties, and maintenance of personnel records.
- Assists with other business office duties and activities.
- Understands and applies Library policies.
- Performs other related duties.
Communications: Writes and speaks clearly, logically and concisely. Listens effectively. Demonstrates small and large group communication skills. Keeps colleagues, team members and supervisors well informed. Participates in group discussions.
Customer Service: Presents welcoming behaviors. Remains helpful and professional with customers. Responds quickly and cooperatively to requests from staff or public. Follows Bosler Memorial Library guidelines and training for customer service approach. Demonstrates ability to determine customer needs. Follows up on customer transactions.
Analytical Skills/Problem Solving/Decision Making: Uses sound judgment in making decisions. Constructively manages conflict. Works with others to solve problems and achieve results.
Technological Skills: Demonstrates ability to use computers. Demonstrates ability to access and use the Internet and electronic databases. Demonstrates ability to use and maintain equipment basic to job.
Workplace Maintenance/Management: Maintains and manages workplace security and safety. Pays attention to personal workspace housekeeping.
Flexibility and Adaptability: Remains calm in difficult, ambiguous, and challenging situations. Responds appropriately to changes in direction and priorities. Adapts personal style to work situations. Takes corrective action when required.
Interpersonal and Group Relationships: Willing to work with and for others. Supports and facilitates cooperation among others.
Professional Standards and Ethics: Protects and values patron confidentiality and organizational security. Supports mission and vision of the library. Upholds ALA's Library Code of Ethics as interpreted by Bosler Memorial Library. Works toward furthering a library-conscious community.
Professional Development and Leadership: Seeks opportunities to pursue one's personal goals and those of the organization. Sets and models high performance standards. Encourages others to make good decisions and take ownership in decision-making and problem-solving.
Time and Workflow Management: Manages personal time effectively. Manages workflow effectively.
Primarily works indoors, seated at a desk, using a computer. Attends meetings and planning sessions. Provides own transportation and is reimbursed accordingly.
In order for your application to be considered, please submit ALL of the following items by September 27, 2021 to:
Bosler Memorial Library
158 W. High Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
or by email to email@example.com with "Business Office Assistant" in the subject line.
- Cover letter
- Three (3) references (professional references preferred)
No applications will be considered unless all required materials are submitted.