Now fixing prerecorded game discs, DVDs, BluRays, and CDs for $2 per side.
1. Patrons may bring in up to 5 discs per week for cleaning/repair. Each disc must be submitted in a case or plastic sleeve. Accepted formats: prerecorded DVD, CD, video game disc, and BluRay.
2. Bosler Memorial Library staff will clean/repair discs using the available on site disc cleaner.
3. $2 for single-sided disc repair. $4 for double-sided disc repair. The fee will be paid upon drop off of items. The Bosler Memorial Library will not provide refunds for any item that still does not work after a repair as been made.
4. The timeframe for cleaning is estimated to be one week. Discs will not be cleaned on a "while you wait" basis. Staff will call when discs are ready for pick up. Patrons must provide their library card for identification upon pick up. Discs left at the library longer than 4 weeks after repair will be considered a donation to the library and handled as per our Materials Donation Policy.
5. Please note that not all discs can be repaired. We cannot repair discs that have been damaged by deep scratches, heat, chemicals, chips, cracks, or other physical damage.
6. While most repaired discs will be returned in a like new condition, there may be a slight, barely noticeable circular pattern created during the wet sanding process or there may be text worn away near the center of the disc. This is normal and cannot be avoided. It should not affect the playability of the repaired disc.
7. Patrons assume the entire risk related to this service. The Bosler Memorial Library is providing this service "as is" and the Bosler Memorial Library disclaims any and all warranties, whether express or implied. The patron agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Bosler Memorial Library, against all suits, claims, actions and expenses arising out of the use of this service.