Teens going into grades 6-12 are invited to participate in virtual programs each Thursday afternoon (registration required) with prizes awarded weekly and curbside pick-up kits available. Click above for registration information.
2020 Teen Summer Learning Program
For teens going into grades 6-12
June 6 through August 8
Due to COVID-19, we are unfortunately not able to host in-person teen programs this summer. However, we are doing everything we can to stay connected and to keep you reading and interacting virtually. We will be hosting weekly virtual meet-ups with chances to win prizes.
This 2020 Interactive Teen Summer Learning Program Presentation (pdf, 40 pages, 59,172 KB) covers all the details about the program.
Online registration is open now on the Beanstack app or website: ameliagivinlibrary.beanstack.org
Teens must be registered on Beanstack to participate!
Two Weekly Virtual Meet-ups on Thursdays at 1 pm and 3 pm (registration required)
There will be prizes! Two $10 e-gift cards will be awarded each week.
Curbside Pick-up of Crafts and Activities
We have limited supplies of curbside pick-up kits that you can look through online and register to pick up at the library. Use the links provided to request kits:
Instagram Activities @ame_teen_scene
Share photos of what you're working on at home! Be sure to tag the library! (Not on social media? Send us your pic in an email to email@example.com and we'll post it for you!)
Reading and Book Reviews
Teens are encouraged to use the Beanstack website or app to record their reading throughout the summer and submit book reviews.
To be entered in the weekly prize drawings, and the closing grand prize raffle, be sure to:
- log the books you read in Beanstack (using the site or app)
- write book reviews (also in Beanstack)
- attend our virtual programs on Thursdays (pre-registration is required)
- participate in our passive activities (posted regularly on Instagram)
- tag the library in social media posts on Facebook (@AmeliaGivinLibrary) and on the Teen Instagram page (@ame_teen_scene); show us what you're reading, what curbside kits you did, what passive activities you did at home, and just stay connected! #ameteenslp2020
Don't have social media? Check the library website for updates, and be sure to e-mail us your pics @firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to our Summer Learning Program Sponsors!
- The Banerjee Family
- In loving memory of Don Boyne
- Christopher & Diane Carvell
- Hollinger Funeral Home & Crematory
- Charles & Janet Kacsur
- Wil & Karen Shirey
- The Turo Foundation
- Randy & Jennifer Varner
- The Van Weelden Family
- The Wasielewski Family