- Follow your family's rules for using the Internet and your computer.
- Always ask an adult first if you want to sign up for something online or enter a contest.
- If you see something online that you know isn't right, tell an adult.
- Don't stay online if someone or something makes you feel uncomfortable.
- Don't use your real name when chatting or instant messaging. Use a screen name.
- Keep your passwords secret. Don't even tell it to your best friend.
- Never put photos of yourself on the Internet unless you have your parent's permission.
- Don't be a cyberbully. It's not ok to write mean things about people on the Internet. If you get bullied online by someone else, tell an adult.
- Never agree to get together with someone you meet online.
- Before you download anything, always ask an adult. Some files can hurt your computer.
Get more information from SafeKids.com