Fredricksen Library provides a pick-up and drop-off site for library materials at the Recreation Building, 5001 Hampden Park Dr., Mechanicsburg, PA 17050, just off Sporting Hill Road.
How does this work?
If you wish to pick up library materials at the Recreation Building, instead of at Fredricksen or another library in Cumberland County:
- Place a hold on desired materials online, by phone to the library, or in person at any Cumberland County Library, using your library card
- Be sure to designate “HAMPDEN” as the destination
- Materials will be checked out to you when they arrive at Fredricksen
- Materials will be transported to the Hampden Township Recreation Building
- You will be notified that the materials are available for pick up at the Recreation Building
- Just go to the Recreation Building during their open hours (Mon. - Fri., 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.) and present the library card that was used to request the materials to the Rec Building staff member behind the front desk. Your materials will be waiting for you!
- Hampden residents who need a library card can sign up online at fredricksenlibrary.org and get a temporary card for 30 days, then stop at Fredricksen at their convenience for a permanent one.
- Materials belonging to any library may be dropped off at the Hampden Township Recreation Building. Materials may be handed to the attendant behind the desk or placed in the drop box.
- Your materials will be transported to Fredricksen Library, and will be checked in as usual
- Normal fines will apply if the materials are overdue
- Be sure to visit Fredricksen Library soon and take advantage of our many dynamic programs and events!