(You must still come in to the library for an entry if you register ONLINE)
REGISTER FOR SUMMER READING or get a NEW library card from June 1st to June 15th TO BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN A FAMILY POOL PASS, HERSHEY PARK PASSES OR AN IPAD MINI 4!
ENTER Friday, June 1 thru Friday, June 15
There are two ways to get an entry:
1. Register for Summer Reading -ALL AGES! OR
2. Sign up for a NEW Library Card (Entry available only if you do not currently have a library card.)
Join us at Fredricksen for another great summer of reading for adults, children and teens. It's easy to do! Registration is open ALL summer, but if you register from June 1 – June 15) for Summer Reading and/or sign up for a NEW library card, you will be eligible to win one these great prizes:
A Camp Hill Pool Family Season Pass
A Lemoyne Pool Family Season Pass
Two Hershey Park One Day Passes
An iPad Mini 4! (128 GB, WiFi, Silver)
See details of all prizes on the back of your entry.
One entry per person for each method (maximum 2 entries per person total) If you are registering ONLINE, you MUST visit the library to receive and deposit your entry by 9 pm on Friday, June 15. No late entries will be accepted. Please read the stipulations and requirements of each pool (posted at the library and on your entry) when entering. Winning names will be drawn Monday, June 18, contacted and posted in the libraries and on our website. Prizes must be claimed by June 25 (one week) at 9 pm – if unclaimed another winner will be drawn June 26. The Summer Learning /Cardholder Drawing prizes were made possible by the Friends of Fredricksen, Camp Hill Borough, Lemoyne Borough and additional generous sponsors.
Summer Reading Kickoff - LIBRARIES ROCK!
Saturday, June 9 from 1 to 4 pm, Outside on the Lawn
Tonks & the Aurors playing from 2 pm to 3 pm!
This summer, we’re celebrating how much LIBRARIES ROCK at our Summer Reading Kickoff! There’s no better band to kick things off than Tonks & the Aurors, the internationally-celebrated wizard rock band! Tonks & the Aurors play music about the Harry Potter series and are great for all ages! That’s right; rock music about the world of Harry Potter exists and we will get to experience it right here in Camp Hill! Naterpix Photos will be here with their Professional Photobooth, including tons of props and tons of fun!
We’ll also have Face Painting, Balloon Animals, Fun with Bubbles, Fun Crafts, FREE Cupcakes, Prize Give-Aways, Snacks for Sale and much, much more!
CHILDREN'S Summer Reading
June 9th through August 9th
Complete activities in order to earn badges and prizes.
To earn a badge, you need to complete 5 activities within that badge. For each badge you earn, you’ll get a prize and a raffle ticket for our big prize raffles. If you finish before the end of the summer, complete extra reading pages to earn more raffle tickets! Register starting June 1st. June 13th is the first day to collect prizes.
Last day to check in is August 12th. Big Raffle Prize Winners will be drawn August 13th. REGISTER ONLINE JUNE 1st!
Kids age 0-3 are encouraged to register for our 1000 Books Before Kindergarten Program! Ask about this at the children’s desk in the Fredricksen Library.
The 2018 Children's Summer Reading Program is sponsored by Friends of Fredricksen Library, a donation in Memory of Ashley Dietrich, Weis Markets, UGI Utilities, Riverview Bank, our municipalities and additional generous sponsors. Concerts sponsored by the McCormick Family Foundation.
TEEN Summer Reading:
June 9th through August 9th
The library rocks this summer! Teens ages 12-18 can read books, attend programs and complete activities to earn badges and prizes. Stop by Fredricksen to pick up your 2018 Hot Picks List for book suggestions that earn double badges. Choose the FRED Crate you’d like to win and earn badges for prize entries.
- Who can participate in Teen SRP 2018? Teens who are 12-18 years old. Class of 2018 graduates are welcome to participate in the Teen SRP and to attend all teen summer events.
- How do I register? Register online @ fredricksen.beanstack.org. Remember your login info – you will need it to log book titles and reviews. After registering online, visit the reference desk to get your Teen SRP 2018 packet. Log your book titles June 9th through August 8th.
- What if I don’t have internet access at home? No problem. You can register and log your book titles using the card catalog computers or public computers at Fredricksen.
- Are there any prizes to win? Yes! Each book you read and log earns you 1 entry into our FRED Crate summer prize drawings. Additional drawing entries can be earned by reading a book from our Hot Picks List, watching music themed movies and attending library programs. Our prizes will be drawn on Thursday, August 9th. You can also win book prizes from our selection of new and bestselling teen books for your 2nd, 5th, 10th, 15th and 20th books logged.
- How do I write a book review? A review expresses what you liked/didn’t like about a book. You can offer a brief description without spoilers and give a thumbs up or thumbs down recommendation. Reviews are optional and will earn you a badge but not a prize entry.
- What counts for book logging? Fiction, non-fiction, audiobooks, ebooks and graphic novels/manga.
- What doesn’t count for book logging? Magazines, video game guides/cheat books and online fan fiction do not count.
- Hot Picks List. Our annual Hot Picks List is comprised of new teen fiction, classics, graphic novels, non-fiction, series books and books that were adapted for film. The list will be included in your registration packet and will be posted in the library. Reading a title from this list gives you 2 entries into the FRED Crate prize drawings. DOWNLOAD AN EVENT FLIER HERE. The Teen Summer Reading Program is made possible by the Friends of Fredricksen and additional generous sponsors.
Adult Summer Reading Program
June 9th through August 9th
- Register for this rockin’ program online at fredricksen.beanstack.com or at the library Reference Desk.
- This year we have three ways that you can participate: (1) play tic tac toe on this paper reading log, (2) log your reading and activities online at fredricksen.beanstack.com, or (3) do a combination of the two.
- Read or listen to books that fulfill the type of book on this tic-tac-toe board.
- Write the titles and authors of the books in the squares or log them in Beanstack.
- When you have completed 3 across, diagonal or vertical, come to the library Reference Desk to show a staff member your card or your Beanstack logging, and receive a Grand Prize Entry for the drawing to be held on August 12.
- After putting your ticket in the Grand Prize Entry box, start another tic-tac-toe board and continue to read or listen to more books.
- When you have completed all four tic-tac-toe boards, come to the library Reference Desk to pick a small prize (while supplies last).
- For extra Grand Prize Entries, complete the BONUS Activity Badges on the back of the paper reading log or in Beanstack.
- Keep jammin’ all summer long by attending our related programs. See fredricksenlibrary.org or The Patron newsletter for more details.
NEED IDEAS of what to read?
Check out our Staff Picks located on one of our display octagons in the atrium.
Use OverDrive to access eBooks and eAudiobooks on your mobile device.
Ask staff at the desks to show you other great resources for book ideas.
The Adult Summer Reading Program is made possible by the Friends of Fredricksen and additional generous sponsors.