- You may not be able to make an online payment for your fine. If this is the case, please contact your library.
How do I pay my fines?
How much are overdue fines?
- Books, most items are $0.30/day
- DVDs and Videocassettes are $2.00/day
- Interlibrary Loan Books are $2.00/day
- The maximum fine on any item is the value of the item
How much will I be charged for a lost or damaged item?
- If you lose an item you will charged the item's list price along with a $5 processing fee.
- Charges for damaged items are determined on a case-by-case basis, with fees ranging from $1 to the item's full replacement cost.
Will you explain the "My History" tab when paying online?
All payments made online will be totaled on the line "Total Payment". Payments made at the library will not show in "My History". Please ignore all other fields.
Do I have to pay all my fines?
At the library or online, you can choose which fines to pay. However, until your balance is under $5.00, you will be unable to use your card.
What happens if I don't pay my fines?
If you owe $5 or more in fines, you won't be able to use your library card. Also if your account has $25 or more in fines or outstanding materials, you may be referrred to a collection agency and be charged a $10 long overdue account fee.
Help - Having problems using SmartPay?
If you are unable to login or have other problems using the SmartPay system, do the following:
- Clear your web browser's cache
- Clear your web browser's history
- Clear your web browser's cookies
- Wait for about 10 - 15 minutes, then try using the SmartPay system