Leap the Line!
Tired of waiting through long lines of “holds” at the library? Does your favorite bestselling author come out with a new book while you’re still waiting for the old title? Do you get frustrated waiting for a new DVD? Why not Leap the Line?
- Fill out the form on our brochure instructing the library to Leap the Line for that title.
- As soon the form is received, your name Leaps the Line to the top of the holds list.
- Within 1 week, the item is purchased and received, and you are notified.
- You pay just $10, and the library pays the balance.
- You borrow the item for twice the normal borrowing time (books for 4 weeks, DVDs for 2 weeks).
- When you return the item, it goes into our regular collection, and the long holds line resumes.
By Leaping the Line, you enable the library to add high-demand titles while making a donation. You receive the item first, for a longer borrowing period. You have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped the library. Thank you and enjoy your Leap! Download a Leap the Line brochure/form
The Reference Department at Fredricksen Library offers the “eBooksHub”, a learning center focused on helping patrons navigate through the Capital Area Library District eBook download process. A variety of devices are on hand for the demonstration process: Kindle Touch, Nook Touch, Kindle Fire and an iPad.
If you own an eReader or similar device, please feel free to bring it with you on your quest for help—we will require that your device has been through the registration process and ready for the eBook download process prior to your visit with the eBooksHub. We are able to demonstrate basic eBook downloads and will have a variety of print and online resources to help guide you through the world of library eBooks. If you have questions regarding this program, please contact us at 761-3900 ext. 225. We look forward to seeing you at the “Hub”!