To register for a program, please call 717-486-3688 or stop at the library.
Creative Cooking Exchange - Here's how it work:
- Check out a cookbook from Amelia Givin Library.
- Choose a recipe from the book and prepare it
- After the recipe has been completed and made, jot down any difficulties, ideas to make it better, tips & hints you may have about the recipe
- Bring the dish to the Creative Cooking Exchange along with those notes and a thumbs up or thumbs down recommendation
- Participants will taste each others dishes and share recipes
- Enjoy preparing new dishes and meeting new friends!
Tuesday, September 12 @ 6:30 pm - Creative Cooking Exchange - Theme: Party Foods! - Come celebrate the 1-year anniversary of the Creative Cooking Exchange! Please bring a friend and a party food!
Thursday, September 21 @ 6 pm - Jam Session - Bring your instrument and join other musicians for this jam session held in our basement! A jam session will be held on the 3rd Thursday of every month.
Thursday, October 26 @ 6:30 pm - End-of-Life Planning - Homeland Hospice will be here to share tools and ideas to get conversations started about end-of-life wishes during this free program. While 90% of Americans believe talking about end-of-life care is important, only 27% actually do so. While many believe these conversations are uncomfortable to start, they are some of the most intimate and rewarding conversations families can have. It's time to expand our conversations on not only how to ilive, but how to die. What do we envision and what are our goals? No one knows what tomorrow holds; let's make every day the best it can be! Registration requested.
Saturday, November 4 - Painting Fund Raiser @ 1 - 4 pm - details TBA
Monday, November 13 @ 6 pm - Fretwork in the Library - Paul Tucker, former board member & fretwork expert, will be here to share information about how fretwork is made, it's origin and other interesting facts. Registration requested.