A renewal is when you ask the library for more time to borrow your book, video, etc. There are three ways to renew items:
- For personal service, call your library during its operating hours for renewals.
- After hours, call (717) 240-7889 or (888) 697-0371 Ext. 7889 (toll-free) to reach the automated Telephone Circulation System.
- To renew online:
- Login to My Account. You will need your library barcode and PIN
- Select Items Out/Renewals
- Put a check mark in the box for titles you want to renew
- Click the Renew button If the item could not be renewed, you will get a red error message saying “One or more of your items did not renew. Please scroll down for details.” In the line of the item that didn’t renew, there will be a message telling you why the item couldn’t be renewed.
- After you are finished, remember to Logout.
- Renewal help in the catalog is available.
When you renew a book, the computer system will give you 2 more weeks from the date you renew it. (Note: The system does not give you 2 more weeks from the book's due date.) When you renew a video or DVD, the computer system will give you 1 more week from the date you renew it. (Note: The system does not give you 1 more week from the videorecording's due date.) The longer you wait to renew an item, the more time you may have to use it. (However, you won't be able to renew something if another person has requested it.)