You can get a free library card if:
- You live or pay property taxes in Cumberland County or the Shippensburg Area School District; or,
- You have a card from a Pennsylvania public library that has a blue Access Pennsylvania symbol on it.
To sign up:
- Get a temporary membership right away by joining online. (You get your permanent card when you visit the library within 30 days of signing up online.)
- Or you can join the library by visiting your closest library in person and completing a library card application.
If you don't live or pay taxes in Cumberland County or the Shippensburg School District, you can:
- Buy a library card for $5 per month. You can pay monthly, quarterly or annually. To buy your card, you must visit a library and bring photo identification with you to sign up for a card. You can save time by bringing along a completed library card application.
For people under age 17, a parent or guardian's signature is required.