Simply stated, the Joseph T. Simpson Public Library is a center for learning and leisure. Please support our efforts in providing quality materials to the thousands of people who visit our library each year.
We have identified 28 items that we would like to add to our library collection. We need your assistance in order to purchase these materials.
Please review the following list which describes each of these items in greater detail. A wide variety of topics, in several formats, and at various price ranges are included for your consideration.
What peaks your interest? What can you fund for us through your tax-deductible contribution? Please help us expand our collection through our fundraiser, Simpson Signature Selections (PDF, 742 KB, 2 pages).
Simpson Signature Selections help the Joseph T. Simpson Public Library inform, empower, inspire and enrich our community. Your financial support will enable us to provide the following resources. Bookplates acknowledging your gift will be placed in these materials.
For Students and Adults
1. $75 for one of two volumes of Encyclopedia of Urban Legends
2. $100 for one of three volumes of Voices of the American Indian Experience
3. $75 for Freud’s World: An Encyclopedia of His Life and Times
4. $100 for one of three volumes of the Encyclopedia of the War of 1812: A Political, Social, and Military History
5. $100 for one of three volumes of the Encyclopedia of the Mexican-American War: A Political, Social, and Military History
6. $100 for one of two volumes of Icons of the Middle Ages: Rulers, Writers, Rebels, and Saints
7. $50 for one of five volumes of A Student Guide to Psychology
8. $100 for one of two volumes of Encyclopedia of Sleep and Dreams: the Evolution, Function, Nature, and Mysteries of Slumber
9. $100 for one of three volumes of Encyclopedia of Wellness: From Acai Berry to Yo-Yo Dieting
10. $75 for one of two volumes of Encyclopedia of Pollution
11. $25 for one of eight volumes of Celebrate! – Each volume highlights the sights, sounds, colors, flavors, and expressions of various countries to show how each is unique and interesting in a diverse world.
12. $25 for one of eight volumes of Festive Foods! – Each volume takes the reader on a journey to explore and discover the country’s geography, agriculture, cultural celebrations, and cuisine while teaching the basics of preparing traditional dishes.
13. $100 for Computer Technology Innovators features biographies of 125 individuals who had an innovative and influential impact on the development of computer technology.
14. $100 for Internet Innovators features biographies of 125 individuals who had an innovative and influential impact on the development and evolution of the Internet.
15. $150 for one of two volumes of the American Revolution, 1754-1805 (Defining Documents in American History series)
16. $150 for one of two volumes of Exploration & Colonial America 1492-1755 (Defining Documents in American History series)
For Entertainment, Enrichment, Enjoyment and Exploration
17. $150 for 10 music CDs
18. $200 for five Books on CD by bestselling authors
19. $100 for four general interest DVDs
20. $125 for five novels by bestselling authors
21. $125 for five large print books
22. $75 for DVDs from the Seminars on DVD series featuring success secrets and practical ideas from America’s top speakers and trainers. A broad range of topics include time management, team building, leadership, and communication.
For Children and Teens
23. $150 for ten children’s books
24. $150 for ten books for teens
25. $40 for one of 14 DVDs in the Symbols of America series including Anthems, Monuments, and The White House.
26. $40 for one of five DVDs in the Crafty Kids series featuring simple crafts for kids to do at home
27. $75 for one of eight volumes in the Teen Health series featuring comprehensive information on topics such as diabetes, eating disorders, sports injuries, and fitness.
28. $75 for one of two volumes in the Teen Finance series – College Financing Information for Teens and Debt Information for Teens
For General Library Operations
29. $_____ to use where needed most.