Simply stated, the Joseph T. Simpson Public Library is a center for learning and leisure. Please support our efforts in providing quality materials to the thousands of people who visit our library each year.
We have identified 29 items that we would like to add to our library collection. We need your assistance in order to purchase these materials.
Please review the following list which describes each of these items in greater detail. A wide variety of topics, in several formats, and at various price ranges are included for your consideration.
What peaks your interest? What can you fund for us through your tax-deductible contribution? Please help us expand our collection through our fundraiser, Simpson Signature Selections (PDF, 920 KB, 2 pages).
Simpson Signature Selections help the Joseph T. Simpson Public Library inform, empower, inspire and enrich our community. Your financial support will enable us to provide the following resources. Bookplates acknowledging your gift will be placed in these materials.
FOR GENERAL LIBRARY OPERATIONS
1. $_____ to use where needed most
FOR STUDENTS AND ADULTS
2. $100 for one of five volumes of Magill’s Medical Guide
3. $125 for one of three volumes of The 2000s in America
4. $100 for the Encyclopedia of Japanese American Internment which addresses the forced removal and confinement of Japanese Americans during World War II
5. $100 for the Encyclopedia of the American Indian Movement which focuses on the lives of Native Americans during the 1960s and 1970s
6. $100 for one of four volumes of Music in American Life: an Encyclopedia of the Songs, Styles, Stars, and Stories That Shaped Our Culture
7. $100 for one of four volumes of American Sports: A History of Icons, Idols, and Ideas
8. $100 for one of four volumes of Sports Around the World: History, Culture, and Practice
FOR ENTERTAINMENT, ENRICHMENT, ENJOYMENT AND EXPLORATION
9. $150 for 10 music CDs
10. $200 for five Books on CD by bestselling authors
11. $100 for four general interest DVDs
12. $125 for five novels by bestselling authors
13. $125 for five large print books
FOR CHILDREN AND TEENS
14. $150 for ten children’s books
15. $150 for ten books for teens
16. $35 for one of seven volumes of Top Chefs featuring backgrounds of seven different chefs, including Bobby Flay, Alton Brown, Wolfgang Puck, Rachel Ray, Paula Deen, Gordon Ramsay, and Emeril Lagasse
17. $50 for one of five volumes of A Student Guide to Energy, a helpful guide to learning basic energy concepts and topics
18. $25 for one of 32 volumes in the Our Best Friends pet series featuring information on raising and caring for a variety of pets, including dogs, cats, rabbits, etc.
19. $25 for one of six volumes of Move Your Body: A Kid’s Guide to Fitness
20. $25 for one of eight volumes of The Planets series, featuring new facts and information about all eight planets
21. $25 for one of six volumes in the Cool Health & Fitness series
22. $25 for one of six volumes of Cool Stuff, a fun series that provides great project ideas for kids
23. $25 for one of six volumes in the Cool Art series which introduces kids to basic art terms and techniques
24. $25 for one of six volumes in the Cool Trash to Treasure series, providing step-by-step instructions on how to up-cycle everyday items
25. $25 for one of six volumes in the Cool Crafts series which features easy-to-make crafts using a variety of mediums
26. $25 for one of six volumes in the Cool World Cooking series which gives up-and coming chefs a chance to explore foods of the world
27. $25 for one of six volumes in the Cool Food Art series which introduces readers to food art through cool and visual recipes
28. $30 for one of 12 volumes in the A Taste of Culture series offering culinary and cultural elements from countries around the world
29. $25 for one of 26 volumes in the It’s the Alphabet series featuring the phonemes and phonics for each letter of the alphabet