With 185 runners, 40 volunteers, and great weather, it was a terrific family friendly event that raised $10,000 for children’s services at the Joseph T. Simpson Public Library. Thank you to our sponsors, participants and volunteers for making this such a successful event. View photos from our event on Flickr.
Mark your calendar for our 9th annual Run for Reading to be held on Saturday, August 8, 2015
2014 Run for Reading Results
2014 Run for Reading 5K Overall Finish List (PDF, 44KB, 3pgs)
Race Details for the 8th Annual Joseph T. Simpson Public Library Run for Reading 5K Run and 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk on Saturday, August 9, 2014
Schedule - Rain or Shine
7:45 am Check-in begins
8:30 am 5K Run/Walk begins
9:15 am 1-Mile Fun Run/Walk begins
9:30 am Awards
5K Race Details
Age Groups & Awards
Age Groups: 14 & under, 15-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60 & over
Awards: 1st and 2nd place in each age group; cash prizes to top three finishers overall (both male and female). Additional random prizes awarded.
Results: Race results will be posted on the library’s webpage following the race at www.simpsonlibrary.org.
Registration Fees - No Refunds
On or Before July 23, 2014 - Only those who register prior to July 23 are guaranteed a T-shirt.
$20 pre-registered individual
Free 1-mile Fun Run/Walk (can purchase a T-shirt for $10)
After July 23, 2014 and on Race Day
$25 per person
Free 1-mile Fun Run/Walk
To register, print out our Run For Reading 2014 Race Brochure (PDF, 471KB, 2 pages) and fill out the registration form. Bring the registration form with you to the event and register onsite.
Start / Finish: Friendship Park, 1901 Fisher Road, Mechanicsburg in Upper Allen Township, Mechanicsburg. Please do not park on the grass at the park.
Registration Packet Pick-Up
Runners may pick-up their race packets on the day of the race at Friendship Park beginning at 7:45 am.
No bicycles, dogs, roller blades or skateboards on race course. Jogging strollers are permitted.
Directions to Friendship Park in Upper Allen Township
From Market Street:
1. Take Market Street, Route 114 E toward Route 15.
2. Go past Sheetz, and the Mechanicsburg Middle School.
3. At the traffic light at the intersection of Market Street and the Gettysburg Pike, turn right onto Gettysburg Pike. Country and Town Baptist Church is on the right.
4. Turn right onto Fisher Road.
6. Turn right onto Southview. A sign for Friendship Park is visible.
7. Take the first left on Southview to enter the park.
From Williams Grove Road heading toward Dillsburg:
1. Immediately past Oak Grove Farms, turn left onto Fisher Road Ext.
2. Follow Fisher Road Ext. (a long, winding road).
3. Turn left onto Southview. A sign for Friendship Park is visible.
4. Take the first left on Southview to enter the park.
The Joseph T. Simpson Public Library is a 501 © 3 non-profit organization. Proceeds benefit children’s programs and services at the Simpson Public Library, 16 N. Walnut St., Mechanicsburg, PA 17055. For more information contact the Joseph T. Simpson Public Library at email@example.com or 717-766-0171. The Joseph T. Simpson Public Library is a member of the Cumberland County Library System.
Run for Reading Sponsors
Sue and Bob Erdman
Pat and Jim Sari