Kick off this holiday season with the 19th Annual Holly Trail House Tour presented by the Friends of the Joseph T. Simpson Public Library. Experience some local history and architecture on Sunday, December 8, 2013 from 12:30 - 5:00 pm as you visit the homes and buildings included on the tour. Homes will be decorated for the holidays and filled with the spirit of the season. Please join us for this not-to-be-missed event! Tickets are $12 in advance and $15 the day of the tour. Tickets can be purchased at the library.
- To make the tour more enjoyable for you and the homeowners, we ask that you please follow the guidelines listed below.
- Please be respectful of people’s homes and wear shoes that will not damage the floors.
- Cameras and cell phone cameras are prohibited. Taking of pictures in the homes is STRICTLY forbidden.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted on the tour. Smoking in or on the property of the tour homes is not allowed.
- Food and/or beverages are not permitted.
This year’s tour will feature fourteen locations, including seven privately owned homes (several of which are historical) and two Main Street businesses: Brath & Hughes Fine Art Gallery and Hershey Violins. The Mechanicsburg Museum Association will have its historic properties open and decorated, with the Frankeberger Tavern open for tours and refreshments and Union Church displaying a crèche. Please feel free to visit them in any order. A map is located on the back of the program to assist you in planning your route.
Numbered Holly Trail signs are located at each home.
This year will also include holiday carols performed by Mechanicsburg High School's Wildcat Singers, and violinists playing at Hershey Violins. Refreshments will be served at Brath & Hughes and the Frankeberger Tavern.
Restrooms are available at the Simpson Library.