Hachette Book Group just announced some pretty exciting ebook news – their ebooks will be available through the OverDrive and the 3M Cloud Library platforms starting on May 8.
With this announcement, all of the Big Six publishers will now sell ebooks to libraries. Technically.
For most libraries the wait to get ebooks from all Big Six publishers will be within a year.
More information can be found here:
- InfoDocket’s article
- American Libraries Magazine article
- TeleRead’s article – a few details on pricing, etc here
- 3M’s Press Release – technically accurate … but not for most libraries.
- E-Books and Democracy – an op-ed piece in The New York Times written by Anthony Marx, President of the New York Public Library
- Hachette Makes Full E-book Catalogue Available to Libraries – from Publisher’s Weekly