Cleve J. Fredricksen Library is seeking detail oriented individual to perform a variety of cleaning and maintenance functions related to maintaining the appearance and functionality of the library. The individual will work under the direct supervision of the Building Manager. EOE.
Pay Rate: $10.03 per hour
- Performs all cleaning duties for the building including cleaning restrooms, vacuuming and spot cleaning carpets, sweeping steps, cleaning windows and woodwork, dusting, mopping and waxing floors, collecting and disposing trash daily, etc…
- Sets up community room for programs and eventsNotifies building manager of all needed repairs
- Changes light bulbs as necessary
- Participates in and strengthens library and branch teams
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the supervisor’s discretion
- Familiarity with and knowledge of relevant maintenance equipment
- Requires ability to prioritize and follow task lists
- Ability to read and interpret instructions related to equipment repair and maintenance
- Ability to read and interpret instructions related to furniture assembly
- Ability to make independent decisions based on good business practices and library philosophy
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Previous maintenance experience preferred
Mon - 5pm to 9pm; Tues - 5pm to 9pm and Thurs - 5pm to 9pm, but is subject to change to meet the needs of the library
How to Apply
Application information is available at the Fredricksen reference desk, East Pennsboro circulation desk or at the top of our Employment web page.
Custodian Job Description (PDF, 13KB, 2 pages)
Closing Date: April 29th, 2019