Want to see the latest movies on DVD with no wait?
Fredbox is a faster way to watch recent, in-demand DVDs rather than through the traditional checkout. For a $2.00 rental fee (sales tax included), you can get the most in-demand movies for three days from fredbox. There are no reserves or renewals and fredbox DVDs must be returned to Fredricksen Library. Regular late fees apply ($2.00 per DVD per day).
You can still check out DVDs the traditional way. We will have an additional copy available of each of these movies in the regular DVD section, which will circulate for free, but the hold lines on those copies are frequently long. New DVDs will be regularly added to the fredbox collection.
Fredbox, like Leap the Line, enables you to spend a little to benefit the library while getting brand new DVDs faster. Look for the fredbox display in our checkout area!
DOWNLOAD A CURRENT LIST OF AVAILABLE TITLES! (updated 10/26/17)
NEW TITLES ARRIVE EACH MONTH!
"Books to Go" Displays
Visit Fredricksen Library and check out our beautiful new book displays, "Books to Go" shelving, which enables us to display books covers out, just like at a book store. These handsome pieces of furniture were donated by Gretchen Miller, in loving memory of her husband Richard, and their daughter, Heidi Miller Crawford. Watch for changing display themes!
Leap the Line!
Tired of waiting through long lines of “holds” at the library? Does your favorite bestselling author come out with a new book while you’re still waiting for the old title? Do you get frustrated waiting for a new DVD? Why not Leap the Line?
- Fill out the form on our brochure instructing the library to Leap the Line for that title. (To qualify as a Leap the Line item, the item must exist in the catalog AND have holds on it. If the item does not exist in the catalog, you can complete a purchase suggestion form instead.)
- As soon the form is received, your name Leaps the Line to the top of the holds list.
- Within 1 week, the item is purchased and received, and you are notified.
- You pay just $10, (Large print - $20) and the library pays the balance.
- You borrow the item for twice the normal borrowing time (books for 4 weeks, DVDs for 2 weeks).
- When you return the item, it goes into our regular collection, and the long holds line resumes.
By Leaping the Line, you enable the library to add high-demand titles while making a donation. You receive the item first, for a longer borrowing period. You have the satisfaction of knowing that you have helped the library. Thank you and enjoy your Leap!
The Reference Department at Fredricksen Library offers the “eBooksHub”, a learning center focused on helping patrons navigate through the Capital Area Library District eBook download process. A variety of devices are on hand for the demonstration process: Kindle Touch, Nook Touch, Kindle Fire and an iPad.
If you own an eReader or similar device, please feel free to bring it with you on your quest for help—we will require that your device has been through the registration process and ready for the eBook download process prior to your visit with the eBooksHub. We are able to demonstrate basic eBook downloads and will have a variety of print and online resources to help guide you through the world of library eBooks. If you have questions regarding this program, please contact us at 761-3900 ext. 225. We look forward to seeing you at the “Hub”!