AFTER AUCTION DEALS!
CHECK THE FRONT LOBBY CASE AND LOWER LEVEL GALLERY FOR MANY OF THE AFTER AUCTION DEALS!
• Dr. Rina Singh – teeth whitening package - Value $498/NOW $100 • Creative Elegance – gift certificate - Value $200 / NOW $125
• Messiah Connections Membership - Value $220/ NOW $100
Antiques and Collectibles
• Shirley Temple Doll, 16 in. Stand up and Cheer Ideal 1972 – Value $150/NOW $50
• Effanbee Old New York Gramercy Park Series doll w/stand 1978 – Value$175/NOW $50
• Mary Kay Consultant Barbie – Value $99/ NOW $49
• Cadillac DeVille DTS model pink Mary Kay car – Value $40/NOW
$20 • Villeroy & Bock bowl Miss Desiree – Value $70/ NOW $30
• W.B. Yeats etching, Jack Couglin – Value $150/NOW $20
• Eugene O’Neill etching, Jack Couglin – Value$150/NOW $20
• Inspirational – hand printed calligraphy – Value $250/ NOW $10 • Nude, Ranjong – Value $150/ NOW $20
• Erte – Value $100/NOW $18
• The War God, Naoko Matsubara – Value $150/ NOW $20
• Salisbury Cathedral from South East (1967) – NOW $5
• Image of Men Riding Horses w/dogs (1955) – NOW $5
• Scene from Old Quebec – NOW $5 • Al Holiday photos (matted) – NOW $5 • Spring in the Park – oil painting – Value $50/Starting Bid $5
• Envision Hair Studio – haircut and style - Value $36 / Starting Bid $16
• Epiphany Hair & Nails - $30 certificate woman’s cut + basket – Value $50/NOW $20
• Epiphany Hair & Nails - $15 certificate man’s cut + basket – Value $30/Starting Bid $10 • Kenneth & Co – Pamper-n-Polish – Value $65/ NOW $30
• The Seven Sins of Chocolate – Value $50/NOW $15
• Never Come to Peace Again (signed by author) - Value $35/NOW $10
• David Baldacci –King and Maxwell – Value $28/NOW $4
The Escape – Value $28/NOW $4
Simple Genius – Value $26/NOW $4
True Blue – Value $28/NOW $4
The Target – Value $28/NOW $4
Saving Faith – Value $27/NOW $4
Split Second – Value $27/NOW $4
Last Man Standing – Value $28/NOW $4
• My Gym – gift certificate for $50 off membership and $25 off first month of classes - Value $75 / NOW $30 • The Hershey Story, the Museum on Chocolate Avenue – (4) admission tickets – Value$50/ NOW $20
• Olivia’s Tea Room – American Girl Doll outfits –
Chef’s hat & apron/parka & gloves/ graduation gown – Value $15 ea./NOW $5 ea.
• East Pennsboro Township – 2 adult Hershey Park tickets for 2017 season – Value $128/NOW $90
• History of the United States – Card game – ages 10 & up – NOW $8
• Meet the Presidents – trivia game – ages 8 & up – NOW $10
• Reindeer Dish (Ten Thousand Villages) – NOW $8 • Santa w/bell hat – NOW $8
• Mittens and Mary Myers bear – NOW $4
• 4 piece mug set (microwave safe) – NOW $3
• Blooms by Vickery Angel basket – Value $67/NOW $25
• Block crystal 10” Olympic Bowl – Value $40/NOW $20
• Brighton Tote Bag – Value $45/ NOW $10
• G. Case Inc. – 8 ¾” crystal bowl – Value $130/NOW $50
• Ca’D’Oro 3 tier crystal dish – Value $60/Starting Bid $15 SOLD
• CarisaK Photography – Mini Photo Session – up to 4 subjects, includes 8 x 10 print – Value $160/NOW $75
• The Plum - Chelsey Imports purse – Value $540/ NOW $100 • Cat & Dog Salt & Pepper Shaker Set – Value $50/Starting Bid $10SOLD • Little Black Dress – Bid Buddah black/grey purse – Value $75/ NOW $30
• Liberty Puzzle –Kanasugi Bridge and Shibaura – Value $125/NOW $95
• Pealer’s Flower Shop Hand Soap & Candle – Value $32/ NOW $10 • Quilt – Hand pieced, all cotton – Value $400/ NOW $100
• USA Liberty Puzzle – Geraniums – Value $100/NOW $70
• Wolf Furniture – area rug – Value $709/NOW $100
Gelco Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning - (1) gift certificate - Value $150/ NOW $50
• Carriage House Boutique – gift certificate – Value $25/NOW $15 • Gelco Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning – (2) gift certificates – Value $150 ea./ Starting Bid $50 ea. • Maggie Adams – gift card –Value $50/ NOW $25
• Coffee Corner Does Tea – gift basket – Value $125/NOW $50 • Domino’s Pizza (Lemoyne) – 2 large 2 toppings – Value $20/ NOW $12
• Hershey’s Ice Cream – Includes 12 coupons for free quart of ice cream plus basket w/scrounds, cones, sundae toppings, bowls, and a hand-decoupaged scoop – Value $115/NOW $50
• Hi Life Diner – 1 (2 $10 off cards) – Value $20 ea./ NOW $10 ea. • Hi Life Diner – 1 (2 $10 off cards) – Value $20 ea./NOW $10 ea.
• TGI Friday’s – (3) $8 ea. appetizer or dessert cards – Value 2 for $16 ea./NOW $10 ea.
• Wendy’s – gift basket – Value $150/ NOW $50
• Zahra Restaurant – 15% off any regular dish – Value $1.50 ea./NOW $1 ea.
Market/Shops at Market
• Hooplas etc. – gift certificate & tabletop creation– Value $50/NOW $20
• Mustache Alley – gift certificate - Value $25 / NOW $12
• Welcome Plaque – NOW $3 • (2) Garden Plaques – NOW $3 ea. • Wilton John Harris Mansion 1979 plate – NOW $3
• Harrisburg City Islanders – free week youth summer camp + yearbook, T-shirt, water bottle, koozier s– Value $123/NOW $75
• Hershey Bears Hockey – 4 pack 200 level ticket voucher – Value $80/Starting Bid $60SOLD • Just Plain Yoga – three month unlimited classes – Value$280/NOW $175 • Trindle Bowl – (1) 3 free games passes – Value $ 25 ea./ NOW $ 10ea. • Trindle Bowl – (2) 3 free games passes – Value $ 25 ea./NOW $ 10ea. • Twin Ponds – (3) 2 free ice skating passes – Value $14 ea./NOW $8 ea. • YMCA Personal Training Session – female – Value $35.Starting bid $15
May 1st, 2016 Spring Book Sale Success!
Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone who helped make this Spring Book Sale a huge success! We raised $11,086.30 in just four days.
A special thanks to everyone who donates books and materials to the library. Your daily book donations at the reference desk and monthly donation station offerings allow us to hold two successful books sales each year as well as offer left over books to East Pennsboro, Salvation Army, and to Better World Books which provides donated books to libraries around the world. We are the original recycling program in that all our donations are sold at the book sale, become part of the library collection, or are passed on to other groups for use and sale in the community and abroad. Please continue to donate and think of us when you’re doing spring and fall cleaning. Lots of people, young and old, still like to hold and read a book.
This year, Friends started a new venture by selling some of our donated books online. We scan the donations for those that sell well and ship them off to Amazon for listing on their website. When they sell, we receive a percentage of the sale price and they handle all the details. We invested in a scanner, computer, and bookshelves to feature Hot List books. You will have noticed a special Hot List section at the book sale. These are books identified by Amazon as highly sought but not on the top listing of those wanted most by Amazon for resale. We have priced them here at Fredricksen and offer them at slightly higher prices to our regular book sale customers. Thanks for supporting our new venture! We will issue a report at the end of this pilot year to let you know yet another place your donations are being used to support the library.
Special thanks to all our book sorters, book sale workers, and helpers who make these sales possible. During the sale time alone, volunteer hours totaled 264. Huge thanks to our teen librarian and her crew of eager teens who helped box the books after the sale and take down tables. We couldn’t do it without all of you! Monies from Friends fundraisers go to the library upon request to cover things the budget can’t afford.
We are proud to support our local library and welcome you to look at the Friends portion of the website (www.fredricksenlibrary.org/friends) for an application to join us and for listings of future events.
The Friends of Fredricksen serves several functions:
- Raise funds to help our library meet the costs of special programming & new equipment
- Volunteer time at the library
- Advocate for library funding with local legislators when bills come before county & state officials
Jim Cawley – President
Diane Bermingham - Vice President
Barrett Sheridan – Secretary
Diane Myers - Treasurer
Legislative Representative – Carolyn Pfeiffer
Silent Auction – Diane Myers
The profits from the semi-annual sales have been used for:
- The self-check unit in the Pollock Children’s Library
- Shelving units and other equipment requested by the Library staff
- Programs in the Pollock Children’s Library
- Teen events at Fredricksen
- Meeting our building fund pledge
When you leave your donations at the reference desk, the first step is a quick review by the staff to see if your item might meet a need in the circulating collection or be appropriate for the ongoing book sale. The majority of the books are then sorted by teams of volunteers from the Friends. Once the materials have been sorted, they are packed and stored until the week of the sale.
During the week of the sale, an army of volunteers is needed to erect tables, move books from storage on to the tables, arrange the books so that our shoppers can find the perfect item, and then staff the sale. Finally, when the sale is over, all remaining items are packed for distribution to others who can make use of them:
- East Pennsboro Friends for their sale
- Charitable organizations working with children and adults
- Overseas missions
- Day care centers
- Other libraries
The golden rule when considering a donation is “Would I give this to a Friend?”
The donations appreciated are:
Please re-evaluate your donations if they:
Materials that would be better donated to another charity of your choice:
Thank you for your help in making our book and media sales so successful. The Friends of Fredricksen Library is a 501(c)(3) organization, so your donations may be deductible on your federal income taxes.
Donation Station @ Fredricksen First Saturday of every month from 1 pm to 3 pm. The Friends of Fredricksen have established Donation Station on the first Saturday of every month from 1 pm to 3 pm to process the donation of books and media for our Spring and Fall Book sales. Volunteers will be able to assist unloading your donations. We hope to provide convenience to you, our donors, and streamline our process for donations. During Donation Station hours, please park on the Walnut Street side parking area at the lower level employee entrance door. Donations at all other times can be given at the reference desk.