Is there any fee to borrow things from the library?
- No, as long as you have a library card, items may be borrowed for free. However, if you keep something past the item's due date, then you will be charged a late fee each day the item is overdue.
How long can I keep library books and materials?
- Books, CDs, audiobooks, etc are available for 14 days with 3 renewals
- DVDs and Videocassettes are available for 7 days with 3 renewals
- Interlibrary loan materials (from outside of Cumberland County) lending period is set by the lending library and renewals are allowed if permitted by the lending library.
- Reference books can not be borrowed. Sometimes, overnight loans are possible. Ask your librarian if this can be arranged.
- Due dates are listed on the paper slip you get when you borrow items.
Are longer loan periods possible?
- If you have special circumstances such as a hospital visit or an extended vacation, you may request a vacation loan. Vacation loans are only permitted for items that are not in high demand. Vacation loans are available for up to 6 weeks. Videorecordings and electronic games are generally not available for vacation loans.
How many items may I borrow?
- You are limited to 25 video recordings and up to 100 total items (including 25 video recordings) on your account.
If I forget my library card, can I still borrow materials?
- If you forgot your card, you must provide identification (such as a driver's license).