Embracing the Future...Preserving the Past
More than 113 years ago, J. Herman Bosler gave an incredible gift to the community. Because of his generosity and foresight, Bosler Memorial Library's East Wing, the cornerstone of the newly renovated library facility, stands as a testament to the legacy of learning and enlightenment that began in 1900.
Now the Library needs your help. Time has taken its toll on the building, and renovations are necessary to restore the East Wing to the condition it so richly deserves. The Library has therefore established the Heritage Society to raise the $200,000 needed to make these necessary repairs.
For a limited time only (through December 31, 2014), you can make a donation to the library's capital improvement fund and have it matched dollar for dollar, thanks to the matching gift challenge from Donald and Marjorie Mowery. Donors who give $1,000 or more before December 31, 2014 will have the opportunity to join the Heritage Society and enjoy the following special donor benefits.
- Your name listed on a special Heritage Society plaque in the lobby of the East Wing
- Your name listed as a member of the Heritage Society on all in-house library digital monitors for one whole year
- Your name listed in an issue of the Bosler & Friends newsletter
- A tribute book to be placed in the Bosler Memorial Library collection in your honor
- Invitation to attend the grand reopening of the East Wing upon the completion of the restoration project
- Invitation for two to an exclusive reception for members of the Heritage Society prior to the grand reopening of the East Wing
- Opportunity to be among the first to re-enter the main entrance of the East Wing from the grand staircase
- Advance invitations to other special library events
- Complimentary opportunity to "Name a Day" at Bosler Library during 2014 or 2015
- Exclusive Heritage Society lapel pin (up to 2 awarded to each donor family)
- Online -- Click here to give via PayPal. Please select "Capital Improvement Fund" from the drop-down menu. All gift amounts will go toward this fund and be matched, but only gifts of $1,000 or more will enter the donor into the Heritage Society
- By Mail -- Make checks payable to "Bosler Memorial Library" and write "Capital Improvement Fund" in the memo line. Mail to: Development Office, Bosler Memorial Library, 158 W. High Street, Carlisle, PA 17013
Contact Molly Shane, Development Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (717) 243-4642, ext. 3222.