Our mission is to present language and reading experiences from an early age, through the use of music, rhymes, games, crafts, and other learning experiences, as well as books.
Parental participation is required at all programs unless otherwise noted. After all, reading and learning are enhanced when they become a family experience.
Get Ready for the 2017 sessions!
Session 6 – September 4 - October 8, registration opens August 21
Please note: Registration is required for programs unless otherwise noted.
See all storytimes on our calendar.
What an exciting time! Your infant has so many things to learn, like sounds, focus, and words. Help them learn by using rhymes, songs, and finger plays. And let us help you learn the songs and rhymes so you can be your child's first, and best, teacher. We'll also share a special book for babies in each class. For Moms, Dads, Grandparents, and anyone else who cares for your infant. For ages Birth to 18 months; this is a 45-minute program.
Your child is up and running, and busy all the time. There's so much to explore and discover! Help your child develop a love of reading and learning at Toddler Tales, while you learn some tips and tricks to continue teaching them at home. Stories, songs, rhymes, and finger plays, as well as a chance to explore things around them hands-on and interact with other children their age. For ages 19 to 35 months; this is a 45-minute program.
Fun and educational, helping to give your child a solid foundation for the future! That's Preschool Storytime at the library. Age-appropriate books, activities filled with rhyme and rhythm, and hands-on crafts and activities to encourage your child to ask questions and explore the world around them to find the answers. Your child will leave with the early learning skills that will help them succeed in school and in life, and have tons of fun doing it. For ages 3 to 6 years; this is a 45-minute program.
- Storytimes and Discovery Programs are designed as five-week sessions that require advance registration.
- Registration opens at 10:00 am on the registration date listed for each session and closes the fourth week of each session.
- If you register for a five-week program and discover that you cannot attend, please contact Youth Services (717-243-4642 ext 2231) to be removed from our roster so that others on the waiting list can attend.
- Your child will get the most out of this program if they attend all or most of the sessions. If you are unable to attend three or more of the five weeks, please consider registering at another time.
- Most Youth Services programs are designed for attendance by both children and their adult parent / caregiver. Please be prepared to stay and enjoy the program with your child.
- Children ages 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent / guardian or caregiver in The Library.
- We understand that sometimes a child needs a break. Please feel free to step out of a program if necessary and rejoin us later.
- Please be advised that The Library sometimes photographs group programs for use in The Library's publications and advertisments. These photos are the property of Bosler Memorial Library. If you would prefer not to appear in any group photo taken by The Library, please advise your program leader prior to the event.
What should my child and I expect at these programs?
When you and your child participate in these programs you can expect a warm and welcoming experience. Your child will be participating in a high-quality early learning program that is based on the best practices in early learning. You as a parent will learn practical and fun ways to extend learning beyond the program into your daily life. Most of all, you and your child will have fun learning.
How do I prepare my child for programs?
So that programs are equally beneficial to all children in attendance, we ask parents to talk with their children beforehand about appropriate and polite behavior. It might also be a good idea to arrive at the library a few moments early to help your child settle in, taking care of restroom concerns before the program begins.