To register for a program, please call 717-486-3688 or stop at the library.
Monday, March 27 @ 6:30 pm - Composting in Your Garden - Annette Macoy from the Cumberland County Extension Office will disucss the best way to compost and use that enriched soil in your garden. Come learn about the benefits to using compost in your garden. Ages 14 & older, registration required. One lucky attendee will win a compost container.
Tuesday, April 4 @ 6:30 pm - Creative Cooking Exchange - Theme: Breakfast -Here's how it works:
- Check out a cookbook from Amelia Givin Library.
- Choose a recipe from the book and prepare it
- After the recipe has been completed and made, jot down any difficulties, ideas to make it better, tips & hints you may have about the recipe
- Bring the dish to the Creative Cooking Exchange along with those notes and a thumbs up or thumbs down recommendation
- Participants will taste each others dishes and share recipes
- Enjoy preparing new dishes and meeting new friends!
Monday, April 10 @ 6:30 pm - Pysanky Egg Demonstration - Ellie Swank will be demonstrating this beautiful Ukranian craft. Ages 14 & older; registration required.
Monday, April 24 @ 6:30 pm - "Say Cheese" - Josh Gutacker, technology teacher at Yellow Breeches Middle School, will explain the technology of cameras through history and the affect they have had and have on society - from waiting for development to instant photos. Registration required.