To register for a program, please call 717-486-3688 or stop at the library.
Tuesday, April 3 @ 6:30 pm - Creative Cooking - Theme: Cheese - It may be hard to choose which of your favorite cheese dishes to bring, but choose a favorite and bring it, along with the recipe, to share with the group.
Wednesday, April 4 @ 6 pm - Rug Hooking, Part 2 - Bring your rug and Suzanne will show us how to finish it. For part 1 participants only.
Tuesday, April 10 @ 6:30 pm - Friends' Meeting - Become part of the Friends group and support the library by participating in an upcoming event!
Wednesday, April 18 @ 6 pm - JAM Session - Make some music with other like-minded musicians! JAM Session will be held in our lower level.
Thursday, April 26 @ 5:30 pm - Birdhouses for Books Reception - Back by popular demand, these one-of-a-kind birdhouses will be displayed in our basement for you to see and place your online bid! Online bidding begins at 5:30 pm and will be available at the reception.
Monday, May 7 @ 6:30 pm - Instant-Pot Pressure Cooking - The Instant Pot is the new "must-have" cooking appliance, but, how do you use it? Sherri Miller will be sharing tips & tricks about using your Instant Pot. Informative program, ages 14 & up; registration requested.
Tuesday, May 8 @ 6:30 pm - Creative Cooking: Theme: Savvy Sandwiches - Sandwiches can be hot, cold, big or small! Bring your favorite sandwich to share with the group & as always, don't forget the recipe! Ages 14 & older, registration requested.
**Creative Cooking Exchange (Held the 2nd Tuesday of every month) - Here's how it works:
- Check out a cookbook from Amelia Givin Library.
- Choose a recipe from the book and prepare it
- After the recipe has been completed and made, jot down any difficulties, ideas to make it better, tips & hints you may have about the recipe
- Bring the dish to the Creative Cooking Exchange along with those notes and a thumbs up or thumbs down recommendation
- Participants will taste each others dishes and share recipes
- Enjoy preparing new dishes and meeting new friends!